Mark's Custom Daleks

Fincon1

Re: Mark's Custom Daleks

Post by Fincon1 »

And finally, for now, I put silver hemis on a red Dalek. Rumour has it that Product Enterprise made one of these, but that may just be an urban legend.

What will I do next? No idea, really. I've seen a rather nice 5" custom based on the cover of the 40th anniversary Radio Times, so maybe I'll have a stab at that. And if anyone has any broken PE 12" Daleks they want to get rid of, give me a call!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Oh my days, these daleks are so beautiful, so many gorgeous designs, I love all of them. And if my dalek ends up looking half as nice as any of these then I'll be very happy. My favourites are the first movie silver and blue (obviously) the Resurection supreme and the new series gold with black head and bumps, that's a combination they should use in the show.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

The Lockdown Daleks part 2! Getting very bored now, so I decided to tackle a Dalek I've wanted to make for ages - the leader as seen in the Children In Need special Curse of Fatal Death. Apart from a really lovely Dalek design, this very funny spin off also gave us the first female Doctor in the very shapely form of Joanna Lumley. Anyway, here's my take on that Dalek.

I've now pretty much run out of useable PE Daleks, so until and if I can find some more, I may have to resort to NSDs. As suggested elsewhere, I may take a look at doing one in the Destiny colour scheme.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Fincon1 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:32 pm
As suggested elsewhere, I may take a look at doing one in the Destiny colour scheme.
If you do end up doing that I'll be interested to see which of the three different colour schemes from that story you end up using. Four, technically, if you count the unaltered genesis dalek they had in the mix.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

The Lockdown Dalek project part 3. As promised, a New Series Dalek in Destiny colours. This has always been one of my favourite colour schemes. Deborah, you are quite right, though, pretty much every Dalek in that story has a slightly different scheme! However, the design of the NSD lends itself well to one particular version and here it is. I am really pleased with how this turned out, especially as the base model was in truly awful condition! Alas, this will be the final lockdown Dalek for now, as I have also run out of NSDs!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Oooh yes, this I like a lot, the black slats/black waistband was definitely the right choice for that one. Gosh, I really wish they'd do the daleks in that colour scheme for the show now, though, looks lovely.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

These are all amazingly good, I love them. The Destiny NSD in particular looks gorgeous, and the three movie Daleks, just wow!

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Excellent work, how do you manage to get the hemis off? When I take them off and put them back on quite often the little legs break off so I end up glueing them back on.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Eyyyyy it’s omega!

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

omega1963 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:55 pm
Excellent work, how do you manage to get the hemis off? When I take them off and put them back on quite often the little legs break off so I end up glueing them back on.
A combination of luck and brute force. Sometimes the hemis aren't glued in that well so they just pop out. More often, I break a lot of them and like you, have to resort to glue when I come to replace them.