Mark's Custom Daleks

Fincon1

Re: Mark's Custom Daleks

Post by Fincon1 »

omega1963 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:18 pm
That is a thing of beauty and the gun is brilliant. Can’t wait to see what your next project is, I have 2-3 on the go at the moment with something special planned for when these are done and then a very special 18” project.
Hope you'll be sharing them with us. I shall look forward to seeing them!

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

The Lockdown Dalek Project part 5. So this isn't a Dalek, but it's closely related and I've always fancied having a go. Here's my attempt at a Roboman from the Dalek Invasion Earth 2150AD movie. He's not really screen accurate but I am quite pleased at how he's turned out. Made from an old Action Man and accessories.

And here he is with his masters on display.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

That looks great with all the movie daleks. I have a 5” custom with some of mine. How many 12” daleks do you have altogether?

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

omega1963 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:17 pm
That looks great with all the movie daleks. I have a 5” custom with some of mine. How many 12” daleks do you have altogether?
Goodness. A lot! My list is:

A full set of nine PE Daleks plus a prototype interchangeable arms version
A full set of four PE movie Daleks plus the gold and silver chrome versions
A full set of (nine?) Character new series Daleks plus Davros, the British and American Icon 50th anniversary Daleks (the ordinary bronze comes in several different versions)
A full set of four Character new paradigm Daleks
Maybe fifteen custom PE Daleks and about the same number of custom Character Daleks

So I guess around seventy to seventy-five in total.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I love that roboman so much, super neato, the movie robomen were so much more interesting to look at than the tv versions. And any excuse to put cribbens in a pvc jumpsuit is going to be worthwhile right off the bat.

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:03 pm
I love that roboman so much, super neato, the movie robomen were so much more interesting to look at than the tv versions. And any excuse to put cribbens in a pvc jumpsuit is going to be worthwhile right off the bat.
I agree. My version is a little more buff than Bernard, though!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Fincon1 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:49 pm
omega1963 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:17 pm
Goodness. A lot! My list is:

A full set of nine PE Daleks plus a prototype interchangeable arms version
A full set of four PE movie Daleks plus the gold and silver chrome versions
A full set of (nine?) Character new series Daleks plus Davros, the British and American Icon 50th anniversary Daleks (the ordinary bronze comes in several different versions)
A full set of four Character new paradigm Daleks
Maybe fifteen custom PE Daleks and about the same number of custom Character Daleks

So I guess around seventy to seventy-five in total.
That is an ungodly amount of 12” Daleks. You don’t need anybody to, uh, take some off your hands, do you? :lol:

But fr that’s uncomfortably close to £9000 new

Fincon1

Post by Fincon1 »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:43 pm

That is an ungodly amount of 12” Daleks. You don’t need anybody to, uh, take some off your hands, do you? :lol:

It is a lot. I have a very patient wife! As to value, you're probably not far wrong. It's enough that we list it separately on our home contents insurance. I was very lucky with some of my purchases. Even some of the really rare ones I got for less than I was expecting. Also, my customs are very cheap - usually broken. I won't spend more than about £20 on custom fodder!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Fincon1 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:53 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:43 pm

It is a lot. I have a very patient wife! As to value, you're probably not far wrong. It's enough that we list it separately on our home contents insurance. I was very lucky with some of my purchases. Even some of the really rare ones I got for less than I was expecting. Also, my customs are very cheap - usually broken. I won't spend more than about £20 on custom fodder!
Might have given the corporate drone looking over your insurance a laugh, at least.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Love the Roboman, I imagine it's pretty hard to get something that looks passably screen accurate, and you've done an excellent job.