Skiffle's Scruffy Customs

DalekCheese

Re: Skiffle's Scruffy Customs

Post by DalekCheese »

Yeah, looks really good!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Thanks, folks! My custom-fu skills aren't that strong, but I do what I can.

And Al was right. I had to do some serious work on the neck to get the head to fit properly.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm

And Al was right. I had to do some serious work on the neck to get the head to fit properly.
How did you do that, btw? What was the mismatch?
The simplest solution I can think of would be to either cut/file off 2 pegs, or fill 2 holes (oo-er, matron), with milliput, and glue. Or pin.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:24 pm
skifflebits wrote:

The simplest solution I can think of would be to either cut/file off 2 pegs, or fill 2 holes (oo-er, matron), with milliput, and glue. Or pin.
It's a little more complicated than that, I'm afraid. The little prong fits if you cut the peg off the bottom, but the way the neck is designed, it's WAY too tall for any figure without a collar. So basically Romana's neck was twice as long on this dress. I had to slice everything off below the proper neck level and then fashion my own peg out of a bass fastener.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:24 pm
skifflebits wrote:

It's a little more complicated than that, I'm afraid. The little prong fits if you cut the peg off the bottom, but the way the neck is designed, it's WAY too tall for any figure without a collar. So basically Romana's neck was twice as long on this dress. I had to slice everything off below the proper neck level and then fashion my own peg out of a bass fastener.
Oh, I see. That does sound like a PITA. I shouldn’t have doubted you, Skiffle!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Well, I managed to put together a "Brian the Ood" figure from the Big Finish story.
Used a Tux Ten body, obviously, and thought it would be a simple head-swap. But if you're ever wondering how much thicker the Ood neck is than a regular Doctor's neck, the answer is A LOT!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

8 does look slightly concerned :lol:

Looks really good though, Skiffle.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Well, it was a simple job. Only hard part was scraping down the Ood's neck, then matching some paint to cover up the scraping.

I just want old McGann to have more display options. Poor guy has so little to work with in terms of other characters.