War machine

omega1963

War machine

Post by omega1963 »

I’m looking to build a custom war machine. I know the plans aren’t the dvd as I looked at these a while ago. Unfortunately I no longer have a working dvd drive on my laptop.

Would anyone be able to post pictures of the plans on here? I’ve searched online but haven’t been able to find them.

3DPrintingDoctorWho

Re: War machine

Post by 3DPrintingDoctorWho »

Here you go. Note that there were several changes made by shawcraft during construction. Most noticeably the removal of the claw arms and simplification of the gun tubes.

Here's the original PDF off the DVD if you want to view it full scale.

My 3D printing templates page contains some useful detain information that isn't on the original diagram, like color information for the light panels on the side, and a view of the back hatch.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Thank you so much for these! I was actually looking at your model earlier. If I had a 3D printer I’d just use your files as it really is spectacular, but unfortunately I don’t so I have to make everything by hand. Thanks so much for the plans and the added tips!

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

Just going to throw out there, AFT Downloads has a paper version which may be a good guideline for the physical shapes, although I'm sure it pales in comparison with the true plans and a 3d model.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

omega1963 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:12 pm
Thank you so much for these! I was actually looking at your model earlier. If I had a 3D printer I’d just use your files as it really is spectacular, but unfortunately I don’t so I have to make everything by hand. Thanks so much for the plans and the added tips!
You might want to look into shapeways if you haven’t already. They’re quite expensive, so probably not worth it for something made out of quite simple shapes though.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

DalekCheese wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:22 am
omega1963 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:12 pm
You might want to look into shapeways if you haven’t already. They’re quite expensive, so probably not worth it for something made out of quite simple shapes though.
I will probably do this one day, right now I don’t have the room or the finances for such a thing. It would be really nice to have though.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:27 pm
Here's the ATF link for reference.

https://www.aftdownloads.co.uk/1/The_War_Machines.htm
Thank you! I remember seeing this years ago, it might be a good base, although I’m never sure how right these are are. Especially with my printer