Newbery TARDIS Exterior (Season 15/16)

Doctor What

Newbery TARDIS Exterior (Season 15/16)

Post by Doctor What »

Finished another TARDIS today, this time I decided to do the Newbery prop, based on how it appeared in season 15/16.

I 3D designed and printed it, the lamp uses brass rods and the windows were made from acrylic with the back painted with primer, and then I used a textured film painted tan for the frosted panes.

Spannerintheworks

Re: Newbery TARDIS Exterior (Season 15/16)

Post by Spannerintheworks »

That looks amazing! I dearly appreciate everything Al and Character have done to fill TARDIS gaps, but this one in particular is so recognizable and iconic that it's nice to see it realized so well.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Wow!! Very impressive.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:56 pm
Wow!! Very impressive.
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:43 pm
That looks amazing! I dearly appreciate everything Al and Character have done to fill TARDIS gaps, but this one in particular is so recognizable and iconic that it's nice to see it realized so well.
Thanks guys :D

Here's a quick comparison with some CO boxes, obviously not very fair but i'd say the CO box mould is closest to the newbury prop.

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

That would be because that's what it was supposed to be originally, before being modified to be less specific. At least I think it was the Newbury it was supposed to be... definitely was a Tom box.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Gek2Win wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:57 pm
That would be because that's what it was supposed to be originally, before being modified to be less specific. At least I think it was the Newbury it was supposed to be... definitely was a Tom box.
I seem to remember that it may have started life as the 80s box? I think in PB prop's comparison video he showed early images of an 80s box, which they later generalised a bit by adding features of the newbery/other props. The newbery prop was modified to look more like the 80s one so that could be why it seems similar as well.