12th Doctor’s TARDIS

Static Warp Bubble

12th Doctor’s TARDIS

Post by Static Warp Bubble »

I was wondering if anyone could help by suggesting any specific paint colours, shades, or brands that are similar to that used on the 12th Doctor’s TARDIS - any help would be appreciated :)

DalekCheese

Re: 12th Doctor’s TARDIS

Post by DalekCheese »

Static Warp Bubble wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:08 pm
I was wondering if anyone could help by suggesting any specific paint colours, shades, or brands that are similar to that used on the 12th Doctor’s TARDIS - any help would be appreciated :)
GW’s Iron Warriors -> Nuln Oil -> Leadbelcher would work perfectly for the metallic silver parts.

GW’s Wraithbone -> contrast Tallasar Blue would work for the blue roundels.
(Swap our the blue for Casandora Yellow for the yellow parts- Exterior Lamp included. This will settle in ther recesses and give a glowing look).

A bit of bodging with Kantor/Macragge blue -> Caledon Sky -> Vallejo Hawk Turquoise should work for screens etc.

Those are all the parts I can think of off the top of my head, but if you can point out any more specific parts of the interior then I’d be happy to come up with paint references for them.

EDIT: It’s just occurred to me that you could have meant the exterior!
If you did, then the aforementioned Kantor blue, washed with Drakenhof Nightshade, layered with Macragge Blue, with a final highlight (if you are so disposed) of Caledon Sky, which would work painted on conventionally, but the wooden texture might be better represented with a drybrush of the same colour. Any black would do, but for whites I’d suggest GW Ulthuan grey -> Nuln Oil -> Army Painter Matte White.

GW paints can be expensive, but they’re the ones that I know off the top of my head, so I’d go here for alternatives:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Pain ... lity_Chart
The only ones where I’d keep with GW is the contrast Tallasar Blue and Ulthuan Grey. It is not a good idea to change white recipe I’ve posted above unless you’ve found another well-tested method.

Hope this helps!