Doctor Who colourisations

DalekCheese

Re: Doctor Who colourisations

Post by DalekCheese »

Thanks Debs :)

What kind of things would you recommend?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:45 pm
Thanks Debs :)

What kind of things would you recommend?
just added colour variance, a keen eye on saturation - bright saturated colours often seem the way to go to take it away from the grey, but sometimes a more subtle palette can look more realistic, though it all comes down to what look you are trying to achieve. Invesely, avoiding leaving greys uncoloured, giving even the most subtle hue toa grey surface, and adding reflected colours into shiny surfaces really adds to images.

I had a little play about with one of the ones you did, just 5-10 minutes playing with a few small things, I wouldn't say I've made a perfect image, it's kind of a clashing of two aproaches, perhaps, but this is kind of closer to the levels that I go for.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Ah, now that is an improvement. Thanks again, Debs. :D I’ll bear your points in mind in future.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm
I used to do colourisations a few years back, nothing as good as these of course. I'll have to look through my computer and see if any survive, I think I did most of them on my old computer so I doubt many made the journey across.
So I found a few, most of which were either awful of not finished. All the others that were good are non 'who' related so I won't post them.

This must've been done sometime 2010-2013, not sure exactly when but to my eyes it looked the best of the ones I did, I'm not sure even this is finished actually.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Not a colourisation, but a fun (and low-res) little edit:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:20 am
Danoftardis wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:32 pm
I used to do colourisations a few years back, nothing as good as these of course. I'll have to look through my computer and see if any survive, I think I did most of them on my old computer so I doubt many made the journey across.
So I found a few, most of which were either awful of not finished. All the others that were good are non 'who' related so I won't post them.

This must've been done sometime 2010-2013, not sure exactly when but to my eyes it looked the best of the ones I did, I'm not sure even this is finished actually.
It's better than anything I could do during that time, for sure, shows promise. The subtle colouring on Victoria's jacket is good, though with the high saturation on the ice warrior it does kind of lose your eye.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

How are you guys doing these?
They look so good!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Photoshop mix

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Here’s one I touched up earlier.

Rebuilt broken slats, removed shadows, enlarged base, rebuilt broken neck rods, removed pupil, neatened up dome lights, new laser, better paintwork, etc etc.

Original: Image

Touched up version:

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I like the pupils. Just saying.