The Over-Encompassing Classic Series Thread (1963-1989 +1996 +Books, Comics, etc.)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Dalekoddjob

Re: The Over-Encompassing Classic Series Thread (1963-1989 +1996 +Books, Comics, etc.)

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:57 am
If I remember right, was fenric done as all one big feature length instead of separate episodes? I feel like it would be nice to have the reedit with episode breaks in, it flows better than the broadcast one but I don't always have time to watch it all in one go
Fenric was 1 long edit on VHS and episodes on DVD

Deborah J

Re: The Over-Encompassing Classic Series Thread (1963-1989 +1996 +Books, Comics, etc.)

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:52 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:57 am
If I remember right, was fenric done as all one big feature length instead of separate episodes? I feel like it would be nice to have the reedit with episode breaks in, it flows better than the broadcast one but I don't always have time to watch it all in one go
Well, the original four-part broadcast version is the lead on the blu-ray set, the others are presented as "extras."
Yeah what I was saying was it would be nice to have a version of the long one, with the additional material, and the unbroken scenes, but done as 4 parts. If that makes sense. Not the broadcast 4 part version, but the 1 parter split into 4 parts

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:04 am
Yeah what I was saying was it would be nice to have a version of the long one, with the additional material, and the unbroken scenes, but done as 4 parts. If that makes sense. Not the broadcast 4 part version, but the 1 parter split into 4 parts
Ah! I get it now. Yeah, that would be a cool way to watch it. I wonder if someone might put together a fan edit of that version.

Remember the days when you used to be able to get fan edits via torrent? Sigh.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I remember a time when almost every episode of classic who was available to watch on YouTube, back before copyright was something anyone on the internet bothered about.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:08 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:04 am
Ah! I get it now. Yeah, that would be a cool way to watch it. I wonder if someone might put together a fan edit of that version.

Remember the days when you used to be able to get fan edits via torrent? Sigh.
I just got my set, and it looks like they do have a 4 part extended version of fenric, they call it the "VHS version". There are 3 cuts available on the set, the broadcast one, the "vhs" one and a feature length cut.