Doctor Who 2023 News

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*

Bundesrat

Re: Doctor Who 2023 News

Post by Bundesrat »

Ah well, at least my glass is half-full.

Now, had it been Martha then it would have been positively overflowing!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

(Whittaker's final episode trailer drops with Tegan/Ace/Master/etc)

RTD: "Oh hai here's 14 but dOn'T fOrGeT JoDiE!"

(One week later)

BBC: TENNANT TATE NEXT YEAR TOO!!!!!

Look, I know they're trying to build hype, but at this rate next week Smith and Gillan will get announced ahead of Eccleston or Capaldi (or both) and even just the confirmed names announced already make Whittaker's final run look like the warm up act at best.

I know they might be struggling to conceal filming on location, but they really could've waited to announce this until AFTER the Centenary.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

The way it’s worded as scenes due to air as part of 60th celebrations instead of as part of anniversary special seems to imply maybe one special is not what we’re getting.
My hopes would be perhaps a short run of specials of old Tardis teams that somehow link in to 14. This would help get around the introducing the new doctor in an anniversary special issue, as well as getting old fans who’ve drifted back on board. My slightly realistic hopes would be this pairing, 11 and the Ponds and 12 with Bill and Nardole. I’d also like 8 but I don’t know whether that would happen.

I just hope that either it is an anniversary special and these two are part of the cast, or something like the above.
My worst case would be that it’s just a special with these two as if it’s 2008 again with no bearing on more recent developments in the show, as I think if that’s the case it starts to reek of desperation to get viewers back.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin »

I tell you what, I can see a new easy 10 repaint coming real soon.
i'm boring now

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 3:14 pm
I tell you what, I can see a new easy 10 repaint coming real soon.
Hopefully a Donna Noble in a less conspicuous outfit to accompany him as well.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 12:01 am

Look, I know they're trying to build hype, but at this rate next week Smith and Gillan will get announced ahead of Eccleston or Capaldi (or both) and even just the confirmed names announced already make Whittaker's final run look like the warm up act at best.

I know they might be struggling to conceal filming on location, but they really could've waited to announce this until AFTER the Centenary.
No holding back, we’ve now had confirmation of Rose joining the TARDIS - so plenty of time to be spent talking about fan theories as to who this Rose could be.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

POTENTIAL SPOILERS:

I’m gonna guess Rose is Donna’s daughter. Based on filming pictures

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

It definitely seems that is the case

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

I went along to the filming today and can confirm that it seems the god-awful idea of the Doctor de-generating and Tennant being the "fourteenth" Doctor would appear to be true. The clapper board suggested this was 'Episode 3' of whatever it was they were filming. There was no mention of it being the 60th Anniversary episode.

If they do go down the route of ultimate disrespect to the past and future actors by turning it into the David Tennant show, I think I'm going to have to stop watching. Seems futile continuing if they're just going to wheel him out for a few new episodes every time people throw a strop about the Doctor not being a straight, white man.

Feels like they're setting up Ncuti to fail too. A bit sad really.
Sad is happy for deep people.