The Seventh Doctor's Timeline

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
The Outcast

Re: The Seventh Doctor's Timeline

Post by The Outcast »

I thought the interior was reverted in the Black and White arc, from what I understood, the Doctor changed it back to the 80s one to help differentiate the two TARDISes, but I'll admit I've not heard Black and White yet (Pls Big Finish give sale). If it doesn't revert tho, then that is fine and it actually works for me kinda.

Basically, I tend to headcanon it so that the interior they make in the Hex stories isn't the TV Movie interior, but that 80s-TVM Titan comics hybrid one. So it basically goes:
80s interior > DWM interior > Titan interior > (reversion to DWM design) > (maybe restoration of Titan interior?) > TV Movie.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Nah, the Black TARDIS is the one with the 80s interior at that’s a clone/cutting of the original which is the white one, and that keeps the Victorian parlour interior.

My headcanon is that after the TARDIS is reconfigured in Signs and Wonders, that’s when it becomes the Titan Comics interior because they refer to the interior being the Victorian one in the Hex audios, it’s not just the sound effects but I don’t think there’s any such references in the Mel audios.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Oh, they reference it being the Victorian styled one? Oof.

I suppose I could always say that it becomes the Titan one after Lungbarrow, and Operation Volcano takes place during the NABS time period. But then that's still weird because it'd go:
80s > TV Movie > DWM > Titan > TV Movie again.

I wish it could just be simple like: 80 > DWM > Titan > TV Movie, that makes sense to me, there's sort of a progression of designs there.

Oh, and then there's also the Human Nature console room, but dat don't matter because it was in the Blood Heat TARDIS.

SJF

Post by SJF »

And then in the Chris and Roz audios, it’s the TV movie console as well, or at least the sounds are.

You could look at it as the Doctor revisiting the Hex era console room at the end of his life because he’s feeling nostalgic.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Here's a handy sonic reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XntwzWLKVzA

SJF

Post by SJF »

Updated with the latest MR release The Flying Dutchman / Displaced.

I just popped them at the end of the Hex gap alongside Shadow Planet / World Apart and Muse of Fire.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Where does The Hobbit fit in?

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:11 am
It goes between The Lurkers at Sunlight’s Edge and Protect and Survive while the Doctor has disappeared in the Black TARDIS.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:20 am
skifflebits wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:11 am
It goes between The Lurkers at Sunlight’s Edge and Protect and Survive while the Doctor has disappeared in the Black TARDIS.
Ah! Shoulda known!

:)

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Protect and Survive was based af. It was on the radio a few years back. Great stuff.