Faction Paradox [FP SPOILERS inevitable]

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
skifflebits

Re: Faction Paradox [FP SPOILERS inevitable]

Post by skifflebits »

I think I'm going to go back and track down all of the old Virgin FP novels I can find and start there. Alien Bodies was a good read.

Also, I noticed Audible.com has all of the FP audios at a decent price, so I'll probably pick those up, too.

I can just plow through the Sandwich episode. :)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I *finally* tried listening to the audios again.

And once again, the first two are fantastic. I'd rate "Eleven Day Empire" and "Shadow Play" as top-notch. Thennnnn... everything goes to shit with "Sabbath Dei." Honestly, it's such a narrative train wreck that I haven't been able to get through the first five minutes of "Year of the Cat," which comes next.

I'm thinking I may just read the plot summaries and play "Year" in the background while I do chores around the house to make it seem at least a tiny bit appealing.

EDIT: I just went and checked the TARDIS wiki for the plot summaries. For both, the summary is "PLOT: To be added." So I guess even people who've built the wiki them couldn't tell you what they're about.

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:09 pm
I *finally* tried listening to the audios again.

And once again, the first two are fantastic. I'd rate "Eleven Day Empire" and "Shadow Play" as top-notch. Thennnnn... everything goes to shit with "Sabbath Dei." Honestly, it's such a narrative train wreck that I haven't been able to get through the first five minutes of "Year of the Cat," which comes next.

I'm thinking I may just read the plot summaries and play "Year" in the background while I do chores around the house to make it seem at least a tiny bit appealing.

EDIT: I just went and checked the TARDIS wiki for the plot summaries. For both, the summary is "PLOT: To be added." So I guess even people who've built the wiki them couldn't tell you what they're about.
For a long while the wiki refused to cover them because they considered them invalid, which is why there’s not a whole lot of coverage of them.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:21 pm
For a long while the wiki refused to cover them because they considered them invalid, which is why there’s not a whole lot of coverage of them.
Couldn't they just label them with some kind of "apocrypha" tag or something? Pretty sure the Star Trek wikis do that.

Not that you're the authority on the TARDIS wiki people.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:28 pm
SJF wrote:
Couldn't they just label them with some kind of "apocrypha" tag or something? Pretty sure the Star Trek wikis do that.

Tbqf the TARDIS wiki is a bit uhh...
Eccentric.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:49 pm
skifflebits wrote:
SJF wrote:

Eccentric.
That's being... kind.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:50 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:49 pm
skifflebits wrote:

Eccentric.
That's being... kind.
Yes.