How Would You End Doctor Who?

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
greeneggsandspam

Re: How Would You End Doctor Who?

Post by greeneggsandspam »

I was going to make a joke about end credits but apparently I beat myself to it on that
Eggs gon give it to ya

BoundryHopper

Post by BoundryHopper »

I'd loop the entire series so that the end leads into the beginning! Maybe the Doctor regenerates into the timeless Child and is ejected from the Vortex 9by the TARDIS) and arrives on the planet where Tecteun finds her and so it continues...
:evil: #SAYNOTOSCALPERS :twisted:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I'd end it like the Tracey Ullman show, with the whole cast coming out in front of a stage curtain in robes and saying goodbye to the audience.

"Well, that sure was exciting, wasn't it? But now it's over. Thanks, everyone! Drive safely!"

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 pm
I'd end it like the Tracey Ullman show, with the whole cast coming out in front of a stage curtain in robes and saying goodbye to the audience.

"Well, that sure was exciting, wasn't it? But now it's over. Thanks, everyone! Drive safely!"
They have a thing like that from children in need back in the 80s when every cast member came out of the tardis
Eggs gon give it to ya

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

The Doctor has just saved the world, and there's a big party, but the Doctor is just watching from a distance. Some people, possibly companions, go up to the Doctor and ask them to join the party, but they cannot, as they have something they need to do alone, implied to a Regeneration from an injury sustained during the Episode. They mention something about "Worlds out there" and wonder if they have more work to do, before walking off to the TARDIS, alone.

That's how I'd end it. That way, any potential revival down the road doesn't need to explain how the last Doctor Regenerated, or explain what happened to their companions. It's clean and sad but also hopeful.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

We see a reprise on screen of 'The Timeless Children' then the camera pulls back and you see The Valeyard is watching it via the Matrix laughing his head off. The Ainley Master grows irritated and tells him that he's been getting increasingly silly with his manipulations - "First you have him fall off a bike and turn into a clown, then you turn him half-human, then you turn him into Santa Claus or a stalker or something and have him bleat on about being the last of his kind because his planet blew up, despite a load of his people being off travelling in time and space, then you have him grow a surrogate lover for his companion from his severed hand and turn him into a little goblin, then you have him meet a girl who has manipulated all his exploits back from the point of picking his TARDIS and then have him wave a biscuit at some telly tubby daleks, then invent a new incarnation. then regenerate him into a guy from Pompei who watches a chicken lay a moon, and now you've regenerated him again visiting the only charity shop in England that has been donated a complete colour range of identical tops and have her meet a talking frog!" The Valeyard shrugs, "yea, I guess I have gone too far" and restores thing back to the point The Sixth Doctor tells Peri they are going to Blackpool. They both have a great time, and decide to hang up intergalactic travel to run a B&B - the end.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Wait... You'd end the series on COLIN BAKER????

Gek2Win

Post by Gek2Win »

I mean, he came close to ending it back in 1986.

I'm joking, of course, I love Colin Baker. But seriously, the Colin Baker era is not for everyone.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Gek2Win wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:16 pm
I mean, he came close to ending it back in 1986.

I'm joking, of course, I love Colin Baker. But seriously, the Colin Baker era is not for everyone.
I mean, that era itself was only occasionally "for" Colin Baker himself. The script editor (who certainly had more involvement and control over what actually went on air than the actual producer) certainly wasn't.

BOT, yeah, it would've been tragic to end there. At least McCoy/7th era showed some ideas, great stories, and promise, and I'm saying that about an era I'm not crazy about and rarely rewatch.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

McCoy’s run is the best ever to have been put on screen don’t @ me