Why is Time Lord Victorious?

skifflebits

Re: Time Lord Victorious

Post by skifflebits »

Who is Time Lord Victoria?

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

It’s a massive shame that a tv shows multi media event doesn’t include the media of tv

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Whovastron wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:25 pm
It’s a massive shame that a tv shows multi media event doesn’t include the media of tv
Bit of a can of worms there, I think.

If the show were in a stronger place (like, still stronger ratings or at least more broad fan acceptance), I'd argue that yeah, maybe they should. Tennant and McGann certainly have proved game for one-offs and it'd be a big deal that could open the door for a lot of cool possibilities: Special one-offs or team ups with prior Doctors that don't require the incumbent present, Stories that could even influence the main ongoing series continuity....It really could revitalize or refresh the series and its popularity.

The problem is....I don't feel 13 has had a fair shake. Let's be honest, a one hour special adventure with even just Tennant would probably eclipse everything Whittaker has and can do with fandom and the general public, certainly with the press. If they were going to do something unprecedented like that the 50th would've been the best time. Now, it's gonna upstage the main series in its own medium, which I have to admit is disrespectful, ESPECIALLY with Jodie and crew at what I could say is arguably a weak point in the Series' standing.

It's a shame though: This show is absolutely constructed in ways that we could have a special or event and focus on the 10th, 8th, or even 11/12/1 (Hey David Bradley!) or even a companion like Jack and maybe introduce a villain or concept that would then be revisited in the series proper. But right now, for 13's sake, I don't feel that would help the main show and ongoing continuity, and it deserves a shot at solid course correction and redemption.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Whovastron wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:25 pm
True, but... Isn't that kind of the point?

Doctor Who has so many alternate media manifestations -- comics, print, audio, etc. -- that the idea of wrangling them all together behind one story seems like the event to me.

I honestly don't need a TV crossover on this one. We get those enough from every other franchise, IMHO.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Read issue #1 of the Titan comic. Better than I expected.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Oo! There's a-gonna be TLV Dalek animated stories!

https://www.blogtorwho.com/doctor-who-n ... ictorious/

SJF

Post by SJF »

TLV was referenced in the new Bernice Summerfield boxset.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »