The Eighth Doctor's Timeline

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
SJF

Re: The Eighth Doctor's Timeline

Post by SJF »

The novels have been added. There’s a few bits still missing from the timeline that will make their way on in time.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Impressive!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

As far as "missing bits" go, are you going to add that science fiction convention where the Eighth Doctor decided to wear a leather coat? ;)

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:21 pm
As far as "missing bits" go, are you going to add that science fiction convention where the Eighth Doctor decided to wear a leather coat? ;)
See you keep going on about the convention that inspired the costume, but I’m fairly sure that that convention was actually when they announced the new costume, it was just like over a year before it even appeared.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:48 pm
skifflebits wrote:
See you keep going on about the convention that inspired the costume, but I’m fairly sure that that convention was actually when they announced the new costume, it was just like over a year before it even appeared.
I dunno. You could be right.

On the other hand, this story from the time calls it "unofficial," which begs the question of whether BF was behind it, or whether it was just McGann himself.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2010/10/ne ... ealed.html

Another article also said it didn't turn up on BF covers for over a year or so, so I have to wonder why they'd reveal it so early.

SJF

Post by SJF »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:37 pm
SJF wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

On the other hand, this story from the time calls it "unofficial," which begs the question of whether BF was behind it, or whether it was just McGann himself.

Another article also said it didn't turn up on BF covers for over a year or so, so I have to wonder why they'd reveal it so early.
I think it was two years, but at the time Series 4 of the 8DAs was halfway released, then the Eighth Doctor went on break for like 18 months until Dark Eyes was released, with only the Mary Shelley trilogy being put out in the interim.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:00 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:37 pm
SJF wrote:

I think it was two years, but at the time Series 4 of the 8DAs was halfway released, then the Eighth Doctor went on break for like 18 months until Dark Eyes was released, with only the Mary Shelley trilogy being put out in the interim.
So if BF was behind the new outfit, they picked a weird time to unveil it.

BoundryHopper

Post by BoundryHopper »

The Time War would canonise everything in theory. It is almost impossible to create a coherent timeline for anyone anymore!
:evil: #SAYNOTOSCALPERS :twisted: