The Inevitable Missing Episode Discussion

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Spannerintheworks

Re: The Inevitable Missing Episode Discussion

Post by Spannerintheworks »

RoseyT wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:01 am
Isn't that the same for Mission to the Unknown.

I know there's a few stories they're almost certain are lost forever but I cant remember which.
There's compelling evidence that "Mission to the Unknown" was copied and shipped off to Singapore (I think) and just included in a bundle with other serials ("Galaxy 4"/"The Myth Makers"). The episode count is one more than it should be on that record, apparently. But otherwise, yeah, that one's a long shot.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

now that they've refilmed Mission I'm not too fussed if it turns up now, since it doesn't feature any of the series' regulars, the original would be nice to see, but I can live without it, more so than any other missing episode.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:55 pm
now that they've refilmed Mission I'm not too fussed if it turns up now, since it doesn't feature any of the series' regulars, the original would be nice to see, but I can live without it, more so than any other missing episode.
The refilm really does hit the spot. Top marks to the BBC for releasing and editing/allowing the use of the proper credits/intro; It would be fascinating to see how close they came - It certainly "feels" about right.

SJF

Post by SJF »

It doesn’t bode well for the Troughton stories that the only ones recovered from outside of the UK are Tomb of the Cyberman (from Hong Kong in the 90s) and then Enemy and Web from Nigeria in 2013.’