The Inevitable Missing Episode Discussion

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
ANewWatchBegins

Re: The Inevitable Missing Episode Discussion

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

I think there's definitely more out there that are in the hands of private collectors, but I'm not holding my breath that we'll see them anytime soon.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

Imagine a world where instead of Philip Morris being a reactionary idiot who obsesses over Laurence Fox he actually produces new episodes and does something constructive for the fandom.

Oh wait, that'd never happen. Honestly, why does anyone still give time to this miserable old gammon.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

RoseyT wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:45 pm
Imagine a world where instead of Philip Morris being a reactionary idiot who obsesses over Laurence Fox he actually produces new episodes and does something constructive for the fandom.

Oh wait, that'd never happen. Honestly, why does anyone still give time to this miserable old gammon.
B-b-but he found Tomb of the Cybermen, a completely brilliant and not-at-all mediocre serial!!!1!

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

I mean I love Tomb but that was in 1992. Before I was even born. Literally 28 years ago.

I'm not saying I expect a new serial every month but like he's literally done nothing for 7 years maybe its time he stop acting like the big cheese and go back in his little hole.

#NutMaDocter

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

RoseyT wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:50 pm
#NutMaDocter
:flushed:

But yeah, it’d be nice if he could stop with the “there’ll be one next week! Or maybe the week after that... or the one after that...”. It’s just teasing us.
Until he finds one he should be quiet.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

There's gonna be one next year, next decade, next millennium.

Ya gotta believe me.

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

The boy who cried “Evil of the Daleks”.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

The Beeb got so bored of his lies they just decided to animate it themselves.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

RoseyT wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm
You jest, but I find it funny they went from "Completely missing/Likely Lost/unable to complete" ("Power of the Dakeks", "Shada") to "We're just gonna keep trundling through Season 4 and 5, regardless of completion possibility".

Kinda wish they'd taken that attitude with "The Highlanders" too though.

(Watch, Morris will have actually found nothing but historicals - Smugglers, The Highlanders, The Crusade, etc - and the BBC holdup is debating if they're worth the restoration/individual release. :P

Morris: "Look! Lost for more than 50 years!"

BBC: "Wait, so it's not just black and white, but.....no Daleks? No Cybermen? Not even a Yeti? Do people even watch the show like that?")

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:12 pm
RoseyT wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm
You jest, but I find it funny they went from "Completely missing/Likely Lost/unable to complete" ("Power of the Dakeks", "Shada") to "We're just gonna keep trundling through Season 4 and 5, regardless of completion possibility".

Kinda wish they'd taken that attitude with "The Highlanders" too though.

(Watch, Morris will have actually found nothing but historicals - Smugglers, The Highlanders, The Crusade, etc - and the BBC holdup is debating if they're worth the restoration/individual release. :P

Morris: "Look! Lost for more than 50 years!"

BBC: "Wait, so it's not just black and white, but.....no Daleks? No Cybermen? Not even a Yeti? Do people even watch the show like that?")
“If it ain’t got the Daleks, it ain’t worth broadcasting.”
-BBC, c.2098