Series 13 Discussion thread (SPOILERS!!)

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
Spannerintheworks

Re: Series 13 Discussion thread (SPOILERS!!)

Post by Spannerintheworks »

TheSparrow wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:57 am
Just gonna leave this here:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Enx1NeLXIAE ... name=large
Much better, thank you.
And, re: the "look" - Much better, thank you.

A Sontaran episode where they also 1) aren't a joke & 2) actually are villainous is a really easy "win" Chibnall & crew could hit. Come on guys....

Also, any word on Mandip at filming?

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:42 am
Sontarans!

At least they’re doing everything they can to claw back fans in time for Whittaker and Chibs departure.
I’m lead to believe that they’re in the Crimean War episode, which should be fun.
Were there any more visuals that weren't distant, grainy, and uncertain? This same "Sontarans!" thing happened in Series 11 with the Sniperbots during filming and....well, that was disappointing. (Especially considering what we got.)

That said, a Sontaran- Crimean War mashup could be fun.

And uh, per filming we've had Jodie confirmed onset but NOT Mandip Gill. Anyone heard any different?
Well I can tell you this much- Jodie *hasn’t* been confirmed on set.
So much so that she’s currently in London... make of that what you will.

Spannerintheworks

Kaldor wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:44 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:21 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:42 am
Sontarans!

At least they’re doing everything they can to claw back fans in time for Whittaker and Chibs departure.
I’m lead to believe that they’re in the Crimean War episode, which should be fun.
Were there any more visuals that weren't distant, grainy, and uncertain? This same "Sontarans!" thing happened in Series 11 with the Sniperbots during filming and....well, that was disappointing. (Especially considering what we got.)

That said, a Sontaran- Crimean War mashup could be fun.

And uh, per filming we've had Jodie confirmed onset but NOT Mandip Gill. Anyone heard any different?
Well I can tell you this much- Jodie *hasn’t* been confirmed on set.
So much so that she’s currently in London... make of that what you will.
That's interesting; while I knew there was filming done she wasn't present for, I saw multiple reports that there was filming she WAS too.

But then, not like any of this is official reporting, to be fair.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

No, I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have attended filming and taken photos (as well as on set extras, and another who was supposed to be on set but was booked as an SA on another production). I obviously can’t disclose who without putting names at risk, but so far Jodie has not been on set.
So much so that she’s literally in London. Someone bumped into her after choosing to walk instead of getting a bus.
Now, say what you like about the transport links in this country, if she has any intention of filming within the next two weeks, she should not be in London. Quite the contrary- she should be in her trailer and quarantining with all cast and covid tested crew... She wouldn’t be mixing with non covid tested SA’s, though non covid tested SA’s wouldn’t be used as direct extras such as soldiers or sontarans, rather for crowd scenes where they’ll be kept together because for obvious reasons, the tested SA’s end non tested SA’s cannot mix according to BBC Guidelines...

Source, I’ve worked on BBC shows...

Spannerintheworks

Kaldor wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:51 pm
No, I’ve spoken to a lot of people who have attended filming and taken photos (as well as on set extras, and another who was supposed to be on set but was booked as an SA on another production). I obviously can’t disclose who without putting names at risk, but so far Jodie has not been on set.
So much so that she’s literally in London. Someone bumped into her after choosing to walk instead of getting a bus.
Now, say what you like about the transport links in this country, if she has any intention of filming within the next two weeks, she should not be in London. Quite the contrary- she should be in her trailer and quarantining with all cast and covid tested crew... She wouldn’t be mixing with non covid tested SA’s, though non covid tested SA’s wouldn’t be used as direct extras such as soldiers or sontarans, rather for crowd scenes where they’ll be kept together because for obvious reasons, the tested SA’s end non tested SA’s cannot mix according to BBC Guidelines...

For clarity's sake, I definitely wasn't questioning your validity - It was more the "I know my sources or what I or any of us read online is not necessarily 100% reliable". And I appreciate the insight, I was genuinely curious how the Covid restrictions for filming worked.

Very cool you have those observations, and definitely is a difference between "I read it online/saw blurry pics" and "I have connections through my time at the BBC". Again, thanks for the explanation and detail!

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:11 pm
Kaldor wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:51 pm

For clarity's sake, I definitely wasn't questioning your validity - It was more the "I know my sources or what I or any of us read online is not necessarily 100% reliable". And I appreciate the insight, I was genuinely curious how the Covid restrictions for filming worked.

Very cool you have those observations, and definitely is a difference between "I read it online/saw blurry pics" and "I have connections through my time at the BBC". Again, thanks for the explanation and detail!
Ah sorry, didn’t mean for it to come across as harsh or something like that, I just wanted to fully make sure you knew what I was saying was legit and I wasn’t trying to stir anything untrue haha :)

HorneofGondor

Post by HorneofGondor »

The BBC has confirmed in the last hour or so, that Tosin Cole and Bradley Walsh are departing the TARDIS in the episode at New Year.

source: bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55128939

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

HorneofGondor wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:49 pm
The BBC has confirmed in the last hour or so, that Tosin Cole and Bradley Walsh are departing the TARDIS in the episode at New Year.

That’s a shame. I really liked Walsh.

Spannerintheworks

DalekCheese wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:50 pm
HorneofGondor wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:49 pm

That’s a shame. I really liked Walsh.
I think, love or hate the Chibnall era, we can officially start lamenting the untapped potential of Walsh and Tosin Cole; We're at Turlough levels of "What a great idea!/What a perfunctory-at-best execution". We had a TARDIS crew familial relationship outside of dating/marriage for the first time since Series 6 (or 1964 if you don't count River) and.....geez, didn't expect to praise Series 6 today.

I really don't see one holiday episode turning around what we've gotten, and that's a shame - I feel like we don't know them much better than we did in Series 11. And I don't blame Walsh or Cole one bit. They earnestly seemed like they did their best, based on multiple "behind the scenes" accounts/uploads.

TARDIS23

Post by TARDIS23 »

Just seen some filming pics of Jodie and Mandip outside the TARDIS from yesterday. Nothing interesting but at least we know they’re there.