Re: The "Essentials by Doctor" game

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Troughton time!

1. The Power of the Daleks
2. The Enemy of the World
3. The Ice Warriors
4. The Mind Robber
5. The War Games

(Also, it's gonna be seven Pertwees and NINE Tom stories, eh? Wild.)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:49 pm
Troughton time!

1. The Power of the Daleks
2. The Enemy of the World
3. The Ice Warriors
4. The Mind Robber
5. The War Games
I do foresee the Mind Robber getting a lot of love... Though for myself, I've always been ambivalent about it.
(Also, it's gonna be seven Pertwees and NINE Tom stories, eh? Wild.)
I know! NINE Tom stories! Get ready to get yer Tom on!

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

For me it's:
The Highlanders
The Macra Terror
The Evil of the Daleks
The Tomb of the Cybermen
Fury From the Deep
Did someone say Foamasi?

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:07 pm
- The LIST LENGTH is determined by one story for every season plus two. ("Full" seasons only. So Season 21 doesn't count for Colin, and Tennant's "Specials Season" doesn't count as it's own, either.) So Pertwee's list is seven stories, Smith's is five, etc. However, you do NOT need to include a story from every season.
I think this rule may need re-written slightly - for Hartnell we got a list length of 5 stories (one for each of season 1 - 3 + 2, so nothing for season 4 as he left before it ended). For Troughton the list length of 5 includes a credit for season 3 (which he was not in at the start). If you carry this forward where the Doctor that ends the season rather than starts it gets the credit then season 21’s count goes to Colin.

Maybe the rule is the Doctor that has the longest run in a shared season gets the credit to the list length.

Also am I taking this far too seriously?

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Bundesrat wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:41 pm
Also am I taking this far too seriously?
Yeah, I think so. :)

I mean.... I guess I'm saying this isn't something to be litigating. It isn't the rules on what constitutes olympic-standard footwear or which state own the Statue oF Liberty. This is basic rule of thumb.

Hartnell had basically three years. Troughton had basically three. Colin had basically two. McGann had basically zero, though we'll probably have to figure out what to do with him anyway. I don't count McCoy's part in the TVM as another "season." etc.

This is all just meant to be a bit of fun with ultimately no consequence, so I wouldn't worry on it too much.

If you have any objections, please submit them in writing to the international olympic committee c/o Mad Magazine, 485 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10022.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:25 am
If you have any objections, please submit them in writing to the international olympic committee c/o Mad Magazine, 485 Madison Avenue, New York, NY, 10022.
I submitted a letter to this address however in response I received pictures of a scantily clad Abzorbaloff... :oops: I fear that the Olympic committee has 'diversified' it's business or that the wrong address has been listed.

My top 5 (With the caveat that I've not seen any of the new animation reconstructions)

- Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Abominable Snowmen (I've read the book and it was great, doesn't mean the TV version was though I suppose)
- The Enemy of the World
- The Invasion (First UNIT story, I can't not include it)
- The Seeds of Death

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

Skiff wanted this bumped, I think - and as I am the resident bumper:

Bump

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I haven't gotten my Trought on yet, so here are my picks, while Skifflebits is stuck in lumpy space:

-Power of the Daleks
-The Abominable Snowmen
-Enemy of the World
-Fury from the Deep
-The War Games

Tough call because he has some real bangers. I'm very much in the "don't get why mind robber is so popular" camp. Like it's fine, but it really feels like drinking a big glass of water after drinking something very sweet it's kind of empty and meh. I like to call it The Mind Robert, that is what I do for fun.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Skiffle would like me to pass on that he's unable to access the forum anymore, his password isn't working and the reset emails aren't reaching him. He has registered another account but as our Admin is nowhere to be seen I doubt it'll be approved for quite some time. Anyhow he wanted everyone to know he hasn't just "flaked out" and he'll be back as soon as he actually can.