Big Finish

Anything About Doctor Who *Caution Spoilers*
skifflebits

Re: Big Finish

Post by skifflebits »

SJF wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:05 pm
Barrowman just isn't going to happen though. Only chance is separate recordings, but I suspect Chris will probably object to even having his name on the same project as John. But that’s again just conjecture.
That bad, is it?

On another note, I just started listening to The Maltese Penguin, and it's pretty fab so far.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

Got quite lucky the other day and noticed Big Finish was having a corker of a sale on Torchwood so I got the first three 'series' of the Monthly Range, and have decided to listen to everything in release order, seemed like the best way to go through things! That's me got pretty much every release up to Aliens Among Us. Have only listen to a couple so far but really enjoyed them both, already found them more compelling than a lot of the BBC radio dramas they did back in the day.

SJF

Post by SJF »

ANewWatchBegins wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:25 pm
Got quite lucky the other day and noticed Big Finish was having a corker of a sale on Torchwood so I got the first three 'series' of the Monthly Range, and have decided to listen to everything in release order, seemed like the best way to go through things! That's me got pretty much every release up to Aliens Among Us. Have only listen to a couple so far but really enjoyed them both, already found them more compelling than a lot of the BBC radio dramas they did back in the day.
Aliens Among Us and God Among Us are brilliant. Honestly some of my favourite Big Finish. Plus RTD was involved with creating the new characters and coming up with storyline ideas. He even wrote a scene in the last episode of AAU.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Another Tennant release has been announced. In May, to celebrate the 50th Torchwood Monthly Adventures release, there will be a Torchwood audio featuring The Tenth Doctor, Jack and Ianto called “Absent Friends”.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

SJF wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm
Another Tennant release has been announced. In May, to celebrate the 50th Torchwood Monthly Adventures release, there will be a Torchwood audio featuring The Tenth Doctor, Jack and Ianto called “Absent Friends”.
Soooooo wait. When would this have happened?

Can't be before "Utopia".

Can't be after "Children of Earth".

Guess there's some wiggle room inbetween; But that WOULD make a Doctor no-show for the 456 that much more of a kick in the pants.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:54 pm
SJF wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm
Soooooo wait. When would this have happened?

Can't be before "Utopia".

Can't be after "Children of Earth".

Guess there's some wiggle room inbetween; But that WOULD make a Doctor no-show for the 456 that much more of a kick in the pants.
Yeah I think it’s during the specials for the Doctor and between Series 2 and 3 for Torchwood.

TheSparrow

Post by TheSparrow »

I won't be buying it because I have ✨commitment issues✨ with Big Finish, but the concept is kinda cool, yeah? Is that the general consensus? Is that the 'vibe' as the youth say?

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

This audio drama hath a pleasant seat. The air nimbly and sweetly recommends itself unto our gentle senses.

SJF

Post by SJF »

The Ninth Doctor Ravagers boxset cover and details have been leaked on a website and you can find them on Reddit. It’s not actually supposed to be announced until 9pm tonight though.

The episodes are:
Sphere of Influence
Cataclysm
Food Fight

And the Doctor is joined in this set by Nova a galley chef from the sphere of freedom played by Camilla Beeput, and Audrey the oldest gamer in freedom city, played by Jayne McKenna.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

I hope the set is cancelled because it was leaked early. You know, like that Yeti figure.

;)

Unrelated: Tennant and Davison are doing an audio together. I'm hoping they play it like a father-in-law / son-in-law relationship. :)