The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

RoseyT

Re: The "What's Made You SMILE Today?" thread

Post by RoseyT »

RE The hair crisis. I was lucky enough that my friend is training herself to give haircuts so I was able to get one off her and paid her a healthy amount which should hopefully do her a favour being a uni student. All round feel goodness!

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

Happy birthday to doctor_whouk!!!

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

I dunno if I've mentioned it but MECHONOID!!!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'm jealous, the mechonoid is such a nice figure, I regret every opporunity I passed up to get it at reasonable price

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Immediately recognising the out of focus books in the background of the Daily Telegraph panellist on Question Time as being a set of Target novels. A good range of Doctor Who annuals are in his bookcases too.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:36 pm
I'm jealous, the mechonoid is such a nice figure, I regret every opporunity I passed up to get it at reasonable price
There was a point a few years ago FP were almost giving their Who stuff away. I bought a couple of the Mechonoid sets just for the Daleks. Wish I’d known how hard it would become to get stuff, I’d have bought some of the other stuff I now long for.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Bundesrat wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:36 pm
There was a point a few years ago FP were almost giving their Who stuff away. I bought a couple of the Mechonoid sets just for the Daleks. Wish I’d known how hard it would become to get stuff, I’d have bought some of the other stuff I now long for.
Yeah, I remember a lot of their £30-40 sets were down to about £10, I had almost no spending money at the time, I had enough to get the enemies of the third doctor set for £10, that was about as far as mu budget would stretch, but they had the chase set and enemies of the 1st doctor set for the same price, and although I'm not so fussed on EOTD I really should have gotten the the chase one

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Bundesrat wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:15 pm
Immediately recognising the out of focus books in the background of the Daily Telegraph panellist on Question Time as being a set of Target novels. A good range of Doctor Who annuals are in his bookcases too.
Ha! I love the “what’s in the background of the zoom callers” game. A while back there was a virologist and he had a row of 40k rulebooks on his shelf.

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

I made some great new MTG decks and got some pretty decent pulls on my last big opening. (3 mythic rares in like 12 packs)