Moderator: porcelaingirl

Danoftardis

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by Danoftardis »

Bundesrat wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:34 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Incidentally I believe someone did compose some lyrics for a song sometime ago now. So put that in your Ainley and smoke it! :P
a” song? Only one of your songs has lyrics? So that noise you make truly is just noise - I always thought it was unintelligible because I was getting old!! :lol:
I think you're mistaking hearing no lyrics with hearing unintelligible lyrics ala shoegaze. Our vocals are designed to blend in with the harmonies and overall sound of our songs. As such that noise you're hearing is the lyrics, you just can't pick them out.

Also we memorise all our lyrics thus very few of them are written down and therefore not publishable. :P

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

and a few of them are very rude and therefore also not publishable

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Solo art vote goes to Rainbow Dreamers Strike Back, my song votes go to Danalanadingdong dan dan dan do the danman yeah shoop de woop dan yeah, Goo Goo G'joob and Sparroids is Bae and my publication vote goes to Smash Hits

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

It's time to reveal the winners of the Third Annual TCos Awards!

Album Art of the Year: Homicide and Old Lace!
Rear of the Year: Homicide and Old Lace (Again! I'll be honest this came as a surprise to me)
Single Art of the Year: Sgt Skaro's Lonely Tracks Club Cult!
Solo Art of the Year: Lüking Güd - Rainbow Dreamers Strike Back!
Song Title of the Year: Danalanadingdong dan dan dan do the danman yeah shoop de woop dan yeah!
Best Publication: Smash Hits! (Finally a defeat for TDV!)

Thanks for voting all and here's to another spectacular year for 'Britain's Biggest band'!

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:34 pm
Best Publication: Smash Hits! (Finally a defeat for TDV!)
Au contraire, this is far from a defeat - for surely it is the ultimate accolade for a parent (publication) when their child (publication) achieves such greatness.

Quick shout out to Vox Populi; now that Smash Hits is following in the footsteps of TDV and collecting awards we are going to need yet another trophy cabinet. Given that you clearly have had no need for yours we wondered if we could have it? :D

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Danoftardis wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:34 pm

Song Title of the Year: Danalanadingdong dan dan dan do the danman yeah shoop de woop dan yeah!
I love that this song won, just for the image of an awards ceremony host having to read that all out with a straight face. That's just very funny to me.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:45 pm
Au contraire, this is far from a defeat - for surely it is the ultimate accolade for a parent (publication) when their child (publication) achieves such greatness.

Quick shout out to Vox Populi; now that Smash Hits is following in the footsteps of TDV and collecting awards we are going to need yet another trophy cabinet. Given that you clearly have had no need for yours we wondered if we could have it? :D
Vox Populi shares Arsenal WFC's trophy cabinet, which makes it fuller the TDV could possibly imagine. Therefore we must unfortunately decline. We can however point TDV in the direction of Ikea.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Reports have emerged that well known American music star skifflebits has become trapped in a Time Scoop and is unable to access the forum. His last words were "Just tell everyone I can't get in but hopefully I'll be back soon". Sources tell Vox Populi he is now playing The Game of Rassilon while awaiting either a password reset email or have a new account approved.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Reports also suggest that his wax likeness from Madam Tusauds was stolen by unnamed urban geurillas, perhaps in preparation for any future photoshoots to convince everyone everything is fine? This report comes from new news outlet, DG News

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Bump.

Bump.

(Still available from all good digital music services!)