CULT OF SKARO

Chat About... Anything!

Moderator: porcelaingirl

Deborah J

Re: CULT OF SKARO

Post by Deborah J »

I was 6 when the euro launched, I feel like there are people my age who will have some memory of those. Though I never went any further away than Aberdeen until I was 10, so I wasn't in a position to encounter european money that long ago

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:56 pm
I was 6 when the euro launched, I feel like there are people my age who will have some memory of those. Though I never went any further away than Aberdeen until I was 10, so I wasn't in a position to encounter european money that long ago
And bizarrely all these years later it is still easier to spend a Lire note in England than it is a Scottish note (best point out that is also a joke - it is just as difficult).

Talking of currency changes, it was only after her Grandfather became a Dandy that Susan’s ‘prediction’ of decimalisation in the UK came to fruition.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

If lires and the ghost of Jeremiah Closephina Joogle-Boogle McTavish III may be put aside for one moment, it's time to open the final vote of last year's Third Annual TCoS Awards! And it's a big one, the most hotly contested and highly sought after prize in the know universe: 'Best Publication'

1. The Daily Vortex
2021 was another highly successful year for the notorious publication, selling trillions of newspapers and acquiring the once mighty STV Media Group PLC. after disgraced owner Mr. Davrid Goodison MP was forced to retire from the news world and enter into Welsh politics. With these assets TDV has continued to grow and spread it's insidious tentacles across the galaxy spreading lies and untruths quicker than ever. Why anyone continues to buy these papers is beyond me, but buy them they do.

2. The Daily Neutron Star
A short lived publication founded by Doctor Gamer, TDNS was well known for breaking several controversial stories including an alleged affair between myself and Queen Thalira of Peladon and corruption within TDV Towers. However their final story, revealing a date between DG and the Abzorbaloff, was their downfall. Owner DG severed all ties with the publication and pledged his allegiance to TDV shocking the media world. TDNS ceased publication soon after, a black day for independent journalism.

3. Vox Populi
A new publication, founded by me Danoftardis community leader, VP was started to bring truth and high standards back into the news world. Recruiting various journalist from across the ages VP broke the story of DG's betrayal of fair journalism and exposed the corrupt deal he made with TDV. VP has been at the spearhead of the Skaro Popular Front's campaign to win the next UK general election and has been promoting equality while exposing the corruption of the powerful. Their most recent story has exposed pop princess Deborah J as a power crazed dictator imposing a fas-chic regime on the inhabitants of her personal land in the Outer Hebrides. By any standard Vox Populi should win your vote as it continues it's crusade against corruption and poverty.

4. Smash Hits
Though owned by TDV Smash Hits is run independently of their evil owners and as such get their own entry. Since returning two years ago SH has become the biggest selling music magazine and has featured Britain's Biggest band on no less then three occasions! Featuring news, reviews and interviews with music's biggest names SH has cemented itself as the galaxy's premier music publication.

I shall leave voting open for all categories until the end of the week when I shall reveal all the winners!

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:31 am
1. The Daily Vortex
Says it all…..

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I like Smash Hits, much better than greates hits

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:29 am
Stop it you scoundrel.

I also vote for Smash Hits to avoid any allegations of corruption if I voted for Vox Populi.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:49 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Stop it you scoundrel.

I also vote for Smash Hits to avoid any allegations of corruption if I voted for Vox Populi.
I am resisting making any reference to the missing ‘t’ incase that reflects the mind of a TDV journalist rather than the intent of the author.

Instead I shall also cast a vote for our Smash Hits publication.

With reference to that esteemed publication it has been noted that one of the great draws to the magazine was the printing of lyrics - we can confirm clearance has now been obtained for these pages to be featured on this forum, so the world at large can now see the lyrical mastery of the band.

Danoftardis

Post by Danoftardis »

Bundesrat wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:12 pm
Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:49 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Stop it you scoundrel.

I am resisting making any reference to the missing ‘t’ incase that reflects the mind of a TDV journalist rather than the intent of the author.

Instead I shall also cast a vote for our Smash Hits publication.

With reference to that esteemed publication it has been noted that one of the great draws to the magazine was the printing of lyrics - we can confirm clearance has now been obtained for these pages to be featured on this forum, so the world at large can now see the lyrical mastery of the band.
Kind Deborah is in fact referencing a spelling error I made the other day on the discord server, she is a mischievous imp. :lol:

Incidentally I believe someone did compose some lyrics for a song sometime ago now. So put that in your Ainley and smoke it! :P

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Danoftardis wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:28 pm
Incidentally I believe someone did compose some lyrics for a song sometime ago now. So put that in your Ainley and smoke it! :P
a” song? Only one of your songs has lyrics? So that noise you make truly is just noise - I always thought it was unintelligible because I was getting old!! :lol:

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

there's lyrics to "old time sausage roll" I know that for sure, I plomphed them out when I came up with the song, they'll probably be in this thread somewhere if you look long enough.