Newly Acquired Figures.

DalekCheese

Re: Newly Acquired Figures.

Post by DalekCheese »

RoseyT wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:58 pm
At the moment I'm just desperately searching for the Mechanoid figure, its so darn beautiful.
Oh, god, that Mechonoid almost makes me wish there was a recasting community for Who figures :lol:

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:49 pm
RoseyT wrote:
At the moment I'm just desperately searching for the Mechanoid figure, its so darn beautiful.
Oh, god, that Mechonoid almost makes me wish there was a recasting community for Who figures :lol:
I passed on the Mechanoid due to shelf space issues at the time -- I felt burned by TWO Sontaran balls -- but it really is a class figure, isn't it?

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 pm
DalekCheese wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:49 pm
RoseyT wrote:
I passed on the Mechanoid due to shelf space issues at the time -- I felt burned by TWO Sontaran balls -- but it really is a class figure, isn't it?
the spaceships were the reason I never got those initial sontaran releases, even though I really wanted the figures. I'm glad B&M reissued them without their balls later on, though the original paint apps were much nicer. I do wish I'd gotten the mechanoid though, because that is one big useless ball I would quite happily have had taking up space in my life.

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

I have the Mechonoid figure, and it is brilliant! If you have any chance to buy The Chase set or the Mechonoid loose, I would take that chance immediately

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

KingYcranos wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:28 am
I have the Mechonoid figure, and it is brilliant! If you have any chance to buy The Chase set or the Mechonoid loose, I would take that chance immediately
The Mechanoid remains my biggest "I can't believe we got this" figure, and it really can't be praised enough. Perfect detailing, excellent wheelbase (smoother than any Dalek!), great flame arm, and it's scaled perfectly to the Daleks - Remember "Totally immobilized"? The arms perfectly grab the Dalek as onscreen.

If we really were only going to get one major Hartnell era monster besides a Cyberman or Dalek, this really was the best choice.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

The mechanoid is brilliant. I was lucky enough to live near a FP that was knocking out the chase sets for £20 and got a couple. One of the first collection items I sold though. But definitely up there as one of the best

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

The only Hartnell monsters I'd love are the Mechanoid (Reissued obviously), A Sensorite, A Monoid and a Voord.

The Mechanoid is just such a great looking figure!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

RoseyT wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 am
The only Hartnell monsters I'd love are the Mechanoid (Reissued obviously), A Sensorite, A Monoid and a Voord.
any others you'd just marry for their money

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:42 am
RoseyT wrote:
Then which one would you kill?

Or is that a different game......

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:42 am
RoseyT wrote:
Please don't tell the Drahavins