The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

The Outcast

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by The Outcast »

Last years sets were revealed officially in late July, the year before they were revealed around late June. So I feel that we're not likely to see anything until June at the earliest, unfortunately, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

We know we are getting less this year.
We know B&M have a huge amount of toy stock in general.
We know there is a backlog of goods worldwide coming in that was due last year/early this. (Not helped by the Suez incident - just ask Ikea!)

I wouldn't worry too much about the excess stock in the sale, that's part of their business model anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much about some randonm bloke claiming to kow everything, which no one elses B&M can or is willing to confirm.

Just chill and have patience everyone - what will happen, will happen.

It will take a while for things to normalise and that includes shopping habits - there are still people furloughed and still people isolating etc. Lots of transport is still reduced capacity which would make figure hunting difficult anyway.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Hi Al, what are the chances of getting existing figures reissued under the big finish logo, I’m thinking doctor/dalek sets or things like the mondassian cybermen for spare parts?

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Hi

well a couple of things ... not sure why you'd expect it under the big finish brand if its standard styles? Big finish dont have a Toy license anyway so unless it was Big finish specific product it doesn't make much sense
also there's no real strategy in simply releasing small quantities so collectors have spare parts either. No retailer is going to stock relatively recent product in small quantities for spare parts and its not viable for production quantities ..

colour me ... confused

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Are you telling me some random bloke has been claiming to know everything? ...EVERYTHING?
... thats my job!

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Lurk- two quick questions, I understand if you can't answer them (but it's worth a hail mary).

1. Does the Doctor Who toy license given to CO include the TVM or is that a rights issue landmine? I know the 8th Doc was done, but does the license extend to other BBC owned copyright/IP material depicted in the TVM?

2. Will we get a CO online exclusive this year? Last year was an amazing experience.

The whole reveal, a long-wanted figure, being able to preorder, watch it sell-out- it was like a communal experience. Would love to relive that in 2021.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:15 pm
Hi

well a couple of things ... not sure why you'd expect it under the big finish brand if its standard styles? Big finish dont have a Toy license anyway so unless it was Big finish specific product it doesn't make much sense
also there's no real strategy in simply releasing small quantities so collectors have spare parts either. No retailer is going to stock relatively recent product in small quantities for spare parts and its not viable for production quantities ..

colour me ... confused
I think by “Spare Parts” they were referring to the Big Finish audio story Spare Parts which features the Mondasian Cybermen. I think the suggestion was something along the lines of a Doctor/Cyberman two pack (like the Doctor/Dalek ones we’ve had already) based around the audio story Spare Parts which in this case would mean a Fifth Doctor / Mondasian Cyberman two pack. At least that was my interpretation of the poster’s comment.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

SJF wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:57 pm
Hi

colour me ... confused
I think by “Spare Parts” they were referring to the Big Finish audio story Spare Parts which features the Mondasian Cybermen. I think the suggestion was something along the lines of a Doctor/Cyberman two pack (like the Doctor/Dalek ones we’ve had already) based around the audio story Spare Parts which in this case would mean a Fifth Doctor / Mondasian Cyberman two pack. At least that was my interpretation of the poster’s comment.
I think Al knows fine well that is what O63 meant and is trying to deflect from the fact that BF releases is EXACTLY what the new on-line exclusives are going to be...

“Colour me” suggests something that can go on to be coloured but is not yet....... so I’m thinking (as we are talking TV) we are looking at black and white - which is so obviously a reference to the BF Black TARDIS and BF White TARDIS being the next releases. And in a later on-line exclusive these do go on to be coloured - for a Pink TARIDS release.

The *one* word “Confused” is meant to make us think of the insurance ads and the robot - but we are not getting an 11th Doctor emoji bot, no that is far too obvious. When it comes to Al you need to look a little bit deeper - that *one* word “CONFUSED” is clearly an anagram of “ US DEFCON”

And what is DEFCON one in the US - the ultimate state of alert, and who what would it take to cause that - exactly, the ultimate foe.

And who is the ultimate foe of the Doctor who appears in a story of the same name - yep, none other than The Ainley Master

IT IS HAPPENING PEOPLE!!!!
Last edited by Bundesrat on Wed May 12, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Wed May 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Are you telling me some random bloke has been claiming to know everything? ...EVERYTHING?
... thats my job!
But you're a SPECIFIC bloke claiming to know everything.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

SJF wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:57 pm
Hi

colour me ... confused
I did indeed mean the audio story “Spare parts”. I was wondering if sets like the big finish dalek sets from a few years back could be done again but with things other than daleks.