Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

skifflebits

Re: Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

Post by skifflebits »

We will get news on the new releases tomorrow.

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

There's actually already been 2 waves released since Christmas on the sly. Each set was strictly limited to a run of 10, never to be reproduced and were all-new sculpts based on the figures we most wanted. They were supposedly all bought by a disgruntled Star Wars fan and incinerated. Another report says Elon Musk bought them all and plans to use them in his scheme to colonise Mars. :lol:

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 5:25 pm
There's actually already been 2 waves released since Christmas on the sly. Each set was strictly limited to a run of 10, never to be reproduced and were all-new sculpts based on the figures we most wanted. They were supposedly all bought by a disgruntled Star Wars fan and incinerated. Another report says Elon Musk bought them all and plans to use them in his scheme to colonise Mars. :lol:
Through a friend of a friend I was put in touch with a contact I can’t name who was able to get me not only prototypes of all the figures in the 2 waves, but also the prototypes and commercially packaged versions from an ultra-limited third wave that is very hush-hush as it contains all the figures for which the artists have refused their image to be used or the writers have refused the use of their characters. The Yeti’s are fantastic - each one that little bit different so as to accurately reflect all the different on-screen versions. I loved the inclusion of the Tom Baker waxwork - even less articulation that the original 9th!!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I know it's a joke but for realsies I would 100% buy a to-scale figure of waxwork tom in that iconic pose with no articulation at all, that would be hillariuous

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Every figure in the next wave will be a completely new sculpt and all sets will be based on the episode Orphan 55.

It’s also rumoured that the power of the daleks set coming towards the end of this year won’t actually contain any plastic daleks, but will instead contain 2 cardboard cutouts so we can all recreate the famous scene.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

omega1963 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 am
Every figure in the next wave will be a completely new sculpt and all sets will be based on the episode Orphan 55.

It’s also rumoured that the power of the daleks set coming towards the end of this year won’t actually contain any plastic daleks, but will instead contain 2 cardboard cutouts so we can all recreate the famous scene.
I laughed out loud imagining the scene/set cardboard insert in the actual set being of the cardboard inserts. :lol:

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:03 am
I know it's a joke but for realsies I would 100% buy a to-scale figure of waxwork tom in that iconic pose with no articulation at all, that would be hillariuous
A joke?! This is for real!! Years of research have gone into this top secret project, only for it nearly to be blown wide open when the paint process was accidentally used on the Utopia Master figures. Luckily they were able to bluff their way out of it and nobody realised what the waxy finish was really intended for.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

CO have confirmed they are finally able to bring the 6th Doctor to the B&M range as part of a 3 Doctor box set.

Those with a high IQ will enjoy the screen accurate recreation of the 11th Doctor in his football strip, the 10th Doctor in his Time Lord Victorious costume and the 6th Doctor in his Trial of a Time Lord outfit.

Those with a low IQ will revel in the cheekiness of a newly born meta-crisis 10th Doctor, a Papal Mainframe visiting 11th Doctor and the much sought after ‘naked Colin Baker’

‘The Emperors New Clothes box set’ will be in stores this summer.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Bundesrat wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 pm
CO have confirmed they are finally able to bring the 6th Doctor to the B&M range as part of a 3 Doctor box set.

Those with a high IQ will enjoy the screen accurate recreation of the 11th Doctor in his football strip, the 10th Doctor in his Time Lord Victorious costume and the 6th Doctor in his Trial of a Time Lord outfit.

Those with a low IQ will revel in the cheekiness of a newly born meta-crisis 10th Doctor, a Papal Mainframe visiting 11th Doctor and the much sought after ‘naked Colin Baker’

‘The Emperors New Clothes box set’ will be in stores this summer.
If we add Jon Pertwee in a shower cap he'd complete this, um, interesting set.

For Doctors, anyway. And, given current events, I'll stop there. :?

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 pm
For Doctors, anyway. And, given current events, I'll stop there. :?
Yes - deliberately avoided that one! (I do wonder if this is posing any problems for the impending releases, as if you were doing a 13 set that re-issue would be a shoe-in).