B&M doctor who sets.

SJF

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by SJF »

I’ll put lots of money on whatever happens, there won’t be an Adric figure.

That’s not me saying there’ll be a Tegan, although I do think she’s more likely than Adric. I’m 100% expecting the Earthshock set to be Fifth Doctor / Cyberman / Android.

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

SJF wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:08 pm
I’ll put lots of money on whatever happens, there won’t be an Adric figure.

That’s not me saying there’ll be a Tegan, although I do think she’s more likely than Adric. I’m 100% expecting the Earthshock set to be Fifth Doctor / Cyberman / Android.
I’ll put a lot of money on that we won’t be getting a katerina figure

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

See, I just think that's a bit to... unexperimental? It just seems a bit like "Oh. That's it?", in comparison that Sensorites set. It's possible, but it just doesn't seem impactful enough, unlike having new 1st Doctor era aliens, with new accessories and everything. It feels like it needs something more to make it more standout, you know? If that is what we're getting though, it's alright, like I don't want to buy that hand that feeds me, because I'll literally take anything at this point.

Generally, my thought is we'll get Adric because he's really the last major 4th Doctor companion that needs to be done. We've got a 4th Doctor era Sarah, we've got Harry, Leela, K9 and Romana 1 & 2. Which means that only other companion left is Adric (Unless you include Nyssa and Tegan, who really only became companions in 4's last story, so I'd not count them as 4th Doctor companions, far more associated with 5). And as Earthshock is a major Adric story, and because a Raston Warrior Robot head alone seems like too little new across two sets, I feel they might do an Adric.

Of course, we could all be well off, and they do a 5th Doctor, Tegan (Frigate outfit), Cyberleader set, and a Hurndall 1, Tegan (5 Docs), Cyberman set.

Whatever happens, unless some unfortunate fatal accident befalls me, atleast I'll get to know if I was right...

SJF

Post by SJF »

I want to live in the universe where we get Liz in the Five Doctors set.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The Outcast wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:30 pm
Generally, my thought is we'll get Adric because he's really the last major 4th Doctor companion that needs to be done.
Hmm...

Define "major" and "need." :)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:21 pm
The Outcast wrote:
Generally, my thought is we'll get Adric because he's really the last major 4th Doctor companion that needs to be done.
Hmm...

He's only in one fewer story with tom than Mary Tamm was in as romana, 6 episodes less, and only 4 episodes less than Harry's run as current companion (return guest appearance in TAI not counting) Nyssa and Tegan aren't really 4th doctor companions, since the former is only in the penultimate story as a guest character then the second half of the last story, and the latter is in the very last story only, but Adric is in 20 of Tom's episodes, he's only in 22 with Davison, so he's just about as much a Tom comp as he is a Peter one.

SJF

Post by SJF »

We all know that we’re really just getting a Yikes Mate reissue.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:05 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:21 pm
The Outcast wrote:
Hmm...

He's only in one fewer story with tom than Mary Tamm was in as romana, 6 episodes less, and only 4 episodes less than Harry's run as current companion (return guest appearance in TAI not counting) Nyssa and Tegan aren't really 4th doctor companions, since the former is only in the penultimate story as a guest character then the second half of the last story, and the latter is in the very last story only, but Adric is in 20 of Tom's episodes, he's only in 22 with Davison, so he's just about as much a Tom comp as he is a Peter one.
Yeah, but... he sucks.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

just remember guys this is B&M .. its a budget line .. lets keep it real.

Doctor Gamer

Post by Doctor Gamer »

To be fair, for a budget line you have given us some crackers of figures that we would never have dreamed of getting. I think personally I'll be eternally grateful!