B&M doctor who sets.

Deborah J

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Deborah J »

I only ever got the red and white paradigm daleks, so I'd be up for seeing them again in shops

DukeNukem 2417

Post by DukeNukem 2417 »

For some reason, the Witches' Apprentice set with Davros and Twelve is stupidly expensive on Amazon in the States. Upwards of $40 or so. I'd love to get it, both to have a swappable Twelve head for my base Twelve figure and (of course) Davros....but that's well beyond my price range. Is there any chance these could get a wider release Stateside?
Through the darkness of future past
the magician longs to see.
One chants out between two worlds
Fire....walk with me.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

DukeNukem 2417 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:24 pm
For some reason, the Witches' Apprentice set with Davros and Twelve is stupidly expensive on Amazon in the States. Upwards of $40 or so. I'd love to get it, both to have a swappable Twelve head for my base Twelve figure and (of course) Davros....but that's well beyond my price range. Is there any chance these could get a wider release Stateside?
Yeah, super weird that it's so expensive. The one I bought when it came out was cheaper, IIRC.

I know it's common for the prices of things to go up on amazon as they become more scarce, but not when they're just stocked in the warehouse, right? That's only from 3rd party sellers.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

FYI : The higher priced one is a resale. The US store no longer has it in stock it seems.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Nothing in my B&M other than three of the original 4th Doctor companion sets at £3 per box.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Lol the Twelve/Davros set is £16 on uk Amazon.

The Ace set on the other hand isn’t so cheap.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I look with envy at some of the prices in the US - lets hope we do get the fabled ‘trade deal’ at some points so we can send stuff to each other without the horrific customs costs.

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:16 pm
Drewski1981 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:34 pm
Unpopular Opinion, but I'd be up for getting a re-issue of the Paradigm Daleks. And a re-release of the bomber Dalek would be nice.
In theory, the "History of the Daleks" sets should help you, eventually.

I liked those chonky boys more when they were revised to be an officer class. Shame they've all but vanished since 7a.
Drewski1981 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:34 pm
I'd love it if they could find a way of releasing Rani and Mel (yes, really).
If we're gonna get Mel, a new companion post 1980 is the ray of hope we need to start with. I actually wouldn't mind her or the Rani either. Wonder if they ever got Kate O'Mara to sign off for Character or if her estate is up for that sort of thing....
I was actually thinking if they did a new sculpt for Mel, they could pretty much re-use it for Rani - they were both partial to an enormous shoulder pad.
Sad is happy for deep people.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

If nothing else we could have the Rani dressed as Mel from tatr

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

The received wisdom is that the paint application for the 6th Doctor is too expensive to ever see a B&M release, but consider the following -

A 3 figure pack is £20.00 - so that’s £6.66 per figure

A 2 Dalek pack is £20.00 - so that’s £10.00 per Dalek

At those prices, the Ace and Dalek pack should be £16.66.

Does the £3.34 mark-up cover the extra complexity of the paint app on Ace’s jacket and t-shirt, thus establishing a model that would work for Sixie?

(All figures quoted are retail, but would expect wholesale is also the same price per box)