B&M doctor who sets.

Koth2

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Koth2 »

Didn't the Silurian set come out earlier this year?

Independently Cross

Post by Independently Cross »

Drewski1981 wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 9:50 pm
Anyone know if it's true that the sets for this year have now been pushed back until September and November respectively?
State of the economy right now I'll need until then to save up for these anyway! Lol

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Koth2 wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 5:44 pm
Didn't the Silurian set come out earlier this year?
Note the "(70s)" in my original post. ;)

Drewski1981

Post by Drewski1981 »

Might sound daft, but what would be the point of another Silurians set be? Or just a direct re-release?
Sad is happy for deep people.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I'd love a 70s silurian, but I think it's a little soon after the 80s one being released to be doing one.

Spannerintheworks

Drewski1981 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:22 am
Might sound daft, but what would be the point of another Silurians set be? Or just a direct re-release?
They don't rerelease the Online Exclusives.

Again, the rumour regarded 70s Silurians. Which, if you're less inclined to the Classic Series, fair enough.

But bear in mind how you'd react if I said we just got the Five Doctors 80s Cyberleader, so what's the point of the Series 12 Cybermen/Cybermaster? ;)
Deborah J wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:27 am
I'd love a 70s silurian, but I think it's a little soon after the 80s one being released to be doing one.
I mean, I'm gonna say anyone who bought a Classic Online Exclusive is probably gonna buy a retail version of the same alien that's totally different. Case in point: I'm relatively confident there's substantial overlap of everyone who bought "The Jungles of Mechanus" and the History of the Daleks sets around its release.

If any of this happens, anyway. :)

Telecaster

Post by Telecaster »

How much of the newly sculpted 80s Silurian elements would get used in the 70s one? There are quite a few differences aren't there? Although the Sea Devil body would presumably still be the base.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Telecaster wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 am
How much of the newly sculpted 80s Silurian elements would get used in the 70s one? There are quite a few differences aren't there? Although the Sea Devil body would presumably still be the base.
Basically none, the heads, bodies and most of the parts of the figure are completely different.

Spannerintheworks

The Outcast wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 4:28 am
Telecaster wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:13 am
Basically none, the heads, bodies and most of the parts of the figure are completely different.
But the original Sea Devil body would work fine with tweaked hands/feet and a head/wrap that gets around that neck.

Which is pretty much a B&M set figure formula.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 11:47 pm
But the original Sea Devil body would work fine with tweaked hands/feet and a head/wrap that gets around that neck.

Which is pretty much a B&M set figure formula.
No, it'd not. The torso would need to be entirely retooled for it to look correct, since the Sea Devil torso has a long next and abs. Looking at the costume, it'd atleast need:
- A new head
- A new torso
- New hips
- New hands
- New lower arms
- New feet

It'd require a lot of work to create a decent looking 70s Silurian using the Sea Devil parts, you can't just get away with a new head, hands and feet.