General set proposals

KingYcranos

Re: General set proposals

Post by KingYcranos »

A Seventh Doctor Wave!

The Seventh Doctor:

Time and the Rani Doctor (repainted scarf) with hatted head
Remembrance of the Daleks Doctor (rerelease of Toys R Us Seventh Doctor with updated paint apps
Survival Doctor (repainted with green eyes and dirt on his trousers- repainted rerelease of 11 Doctors set variant

The Doctor and the TARDIS from The Happiness Patrol:

Rereleased cream jacket Doctor with updated paint apps and hatted head
Pink Tardis (only on the front), grey/yellow windows and if possible no box under the lamp

Ace:

Rereleased Silver Nemesis Ace
Ace from The Greatest Show in the Galaxy (no jacket variant with repainted shirt)
Ace from Survival (repainted shirt and no skirt to create an approximation)

Enemies of the Seventh Doctor:

The Master (Repainted Planet of Fire to create an approximation- green eyes)
Destroyed Dalek
Cyberman (repainted for less shiny body, shiny-er head)
Did someone say Foamasi?

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I edited my previous post to feature a different set idea, since I wave never happy with that Planet of Fire one, and I think the sort of 7th Doctor set I pitched would be far superior. But time for more set proposals.

1st Doctor set:
- 1st Doctor (Some repaint variant, I dunno, maybe his War Machines look?)
- Barbara (reuse of the Rose body with new head and torso wrap to resemble her Planet of Giants look)
- Cyberman (Tenth Planet reissue)

Companions of the 5th Doctor:
- Tegan (Season 20: new head and torso on the Androzani Peri. Torso are more expensive, so probably not plausible, but this is hypotheticals here)
- Turlough (new head on Saxon Master body)
- Peri (reissue of the Androzani Peri)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

I was ecstatic at your Planet of Fire set - so long as the 5th Doctor was without coat. In an ideal world it would the classic Ainley look, but I’ll happily take a suited version over nothing (but not sparkly)

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Bundesrat wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:48 pm
I was ecstatic at your Planet of Fire set - so long as the 5th Doctor was without coat. In an ideal world it would the classic Ainley look, but I’ll happily take a suited version over nothing (but not sparkly)
It wasn't a non-coated version, it was just a reissue of the Season 21 version from the Resurrection of the Daleks set. The thought was that's probably the rarest 5th Doctor variant and he also wears it briefly at the start of Planet of Fire. With my set ideas, I try to be realistic, so a few pieces of new tooling. Though, even then, most of my set ideas are still pushing it, me trying to figure out how to get popular companions and characters made on the B&M budget.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Yes, I couldn’t face another tiny variant of 5 so was looking for something extra, so the best answer all round Turlough, Master and sparkly Master :D

Frax Owen

Post by Frax Owen »

Posting this idea on behalf of a forum member over at Gallifreybase who unfortunately despite several attempts is still awaiting moderator approval to sign into this forum.

Anyway their idea is a Five Doctors History of the Daleks release with the on screen Dalek of course coupled with the Tussauds Dalek that appeared on the front cover of the 20th Anniversary Radio times special. Thought it was a neat idea if mr Lurker ever wanted to release a Five Docs Dalek :)

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Frax Owen wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 am
Posting this idea on behalf of a forum member over at Gallifreybase who unfortunately despite several attempts is still awaiting moderator approval to sign into this forum.

Anyway their idea is a Five Doctors History of the Daleks release with the on screen Dalek of course coupled with the Tussauds Dalek that appeared on the front cover of the 20th Anniversary Radio times special. Thought it was a neat idea if mr Lurker ever wanted to release a Five Docs Dalek :)
Unfortunately approval is down to the admin, not the mods, so there is sadly nothing we can do.

Frax Owen

Post by Frax Owen »

Doctor What wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:32 am
Frax Owen wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 am

Unfortunately approval is down to the admin, not the mods, so there is sadly nothing we can do.
Ah ok sorry, that's probably my fault, i've used the wrong terminology but thank you for clarifying.

Avon

Post by Avon »

Been loving this chap's mock-up's on twitter, some super ideas for "budget" sets:

https://twitter.com/james_blowers__

Not one to dwell on what could've been versus what we have, but as a ten fan, and for a bit of fun rewatching a lot of his era at the mo, some variants we haven't had yet - assuming worst case scenarios, no new articulation, no new torso piece for tieless t shirt outfits - so painting over the tie, no headswaps other than the two Ten heads we know work, no new skinny suited base body, End of Time head is fused with holes for his glasses, ties are simplified so while they're usually different between stories, it's passable for each one etc etc:

(and almost certainly some mistakes from me on some level!)

Spikey hair, brown suit, dark blue shirt, trenchcoat, sunglasses (Planet of the Dead)
Spikey hair, brown suit, white shirt, coat, 3D glasses (Doomsday)
Floppy hair, brown suit, Olive green shirt, blue tie, black trainers (Impossible Planet)
Spikey hair, blue suit, glasses, dark red shirt (close approximation of 42)
Spikey hair, blue suit, glasses, dark red shirt, trenchcoat (close approximation of Planet of the Ood)
Floppy hair, brown suit, dark blue shirt, brown tie, trenchcoat (Girl in the Fireplace, passable for Love and Monsters, Family of Blood)
Floppy hair, brown suit, mid blue shirt (close approximation of Tooth and Claw, Blink)
Spikey hair, glasses, brown suit, dark blue shirt, trenchcoat (Sound of Drums and others)
Spikey hair, glasses, blue suit, dark blue shirt, trenchcoat (Silence in the Library and others)
Spikey hair, glasses, brown suit, dark blue shirt, brown-blue tie (Sound of Drums, Last of the Timelords, Partners in Crime, Fires of Pompeii, The Next Doctor)
Spikey hair, glasses, brown suit, off white shirt, brown tie (Partners in Crime, Unicorn and the Wasp - classic one! and the perfect pair to a giant wasp re-release ;) )
Spikey hair, glasses, blue suit, bright red shirt (Close-ish Meta Crisis Ten)

Bonus points for somehow repainting something to look like his pyjamas/Arthur Dent look from The Christmas Invasion (the ultimate missing variant!), and if ever possible, some mish mash of a suited body to make a John Smith from Human Nature/Family of Blood :D

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

The 14 faces of Osgood, 1 new head sculpt on 14 previously used Doctor bodies. Odd thing about her cosplaying as the doctor is that her height and build change depending on the doctors outfit she’s wearing.