B&M doctor who sets.

Bundesrat

Re: B&M doctor who sets.

Post by Bundesrat »

It is likely less than a 0.0000001% chance, but it could be the non-chameleoned pretzel tube TARDIS….

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Bundesrat wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 pm
It is likely less than a 0.0000001% chance, but it could be the non-chameleoned pretzel tube TARDIS….
What if we’re all wrong and it’s the monk and his tardis as an alter thing from the crusade?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

omega1963 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:22 pm
Bundesrat wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:15 pm
What if we’re all wrong and it’s the monk and his tardis as an alter thing from the crusade?
Look, a distant, DISTANT possibility for any TARDIS set is the Monk with his TARDIS in the form of the Doctor's from "The Daleks Masterplan".

But a brand new TARDIS mould? Er, even in 2020 when we seemed to be getting "new" beyond our wildest expectations, that's a big stretch.

And I really want to believe that maybe the current 3 packs are what they are to allow for more "new" in the fall.

But it's probably gonna be a Police Box. Perhaps with a new roof. Perhaps with electronics. (Anyone know where that rumour came from? i.e. how believable it is?) And I'm tempering my expectations to a Hartnell figure/repaint, but I really do want to believe they wouldn't do basically the same set concept 2 years in a row without changing something beyond the roof.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

Right i've had more of a dive into Dalek6388's info on the props from Death.

There's three goons in the story, two of which were relegated to FX props so are barely seen unless they're on fire, and the other one (the one with the black base) was used more prominently. That one certainly doesn't have an oval and judging by Planet of the Daleks I doubt the other two do either as it seems like none of the goons did.

Frax Owen

Post by Frax Owen »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:34 pm
Frax Owen wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:54 pm
So now that the next Who ray set has been announced and is season 2 do we think the this years 1st Doctor and TARDIS set is going to be season 2 based? Not that I think CO tie their releases in with the Blu rays but I would love a Web Planet TARDIS set.
Oh yeah. That alleged set.

So, initially it was:

*Electronic TARDIS!
*Rumoured (and acknowledged existing) new roof!
*It's First Doctor era, but who knows - Could be Susan, Barbara, or ??? included.
*We had a 1st Doctor TARDIS set last year, so there's gotta be some distinguishing features, even if just the electronics!

Now however....

*Allegedly the price has changed so that it's likely not electronic.
*Well, the new roof was acknowledged as existing, so that's probably a thing.
*We just got two sets of 3 of the same figure, so I reluctantly have to imagine it's 90% likely it's Hartnell.
*We just had a Hartnell TARDIS last year, but see prior point about 2 sets of 3 of the same Doctor, one of whom is literally the same figure/head with different arms/wraps.

I'm really curious to see how this pans out. I got last year's, so if it's non-electronic with a minor paint revised Hartnell (either significant variation) and a tweaked roof I'll probably pass.

Electronic, someone other than Hartnell or a very different 1st Doctor (Hurndall/Bradley head, coatless with waistcoat, etc.) - Any of those 3 (or 2, or all) I'll happily put it to essential purchase. Genuinely curious how others feel on it too.
Sounds interesting especially this new roof thing? If true the only new roof they would need for a 60s era tardis is a proper Brachacki altered style roof, ie a bit more chunky than the Newbury style they’ve used to represent it in the past and without the lamp box. This could be used for a season 4 variant packaged with a tenth planet Hartnell in scarf and cape.

If it’s season 2 box it would reuse the new roof from last year but with a square lamp.

I’m all for a new Brachacki altered style roof as the could do so much with it, ie, Pertwee re release even though it was technically a new roof from season 8 onwards but CO could wing this without a problem.

If new roofs are going to be a thing please please CO do a tyj tardis without the lamp box and release a 6th doctor and tardis and a sfx 7th doctor tardis maybe as an online exclusive. Roof minus the large lamp box plus a square Brachacki lamp could then be used for a TVM box.

Now I, along with quite a few of us wasn’t able to get last years TARDIS sets. What if they decided to provide them in lower quantities as there was a planned re release with electronics and a Hartnell in the cape and scarf to get more people to buy it, since the variant of Hartnell last year was a bit strange without the cape. I’d be all for that because I missed out on the last one and eBay prices are crazy.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

didn't they already do the ammended hartnell roof last year?

Frax Owen

Post by Frax Owen »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:14 pm
Yes but that’s the Brachacki original roof. If they’ve done another new roof for a Hartnell release would have to be the Brachacki altered. Unless they class a lamp change as a new roof.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Frax Owen wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Yes but that’s the Brachacki original roof. If they’ve done another new roof for a Hartnell release would have to be the Brachacki altered. Unless they class a lamp change as a new roof.
I thought the tardis we got with the 2nd/3rd/4th doctors was the altered brachacki?

Frax Owen

Post by Frax Owen »

Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:32 pm
Frax Owen wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:16 pm
Deborah J wrote:
I thought the tardis we got with the 2nd/3rd/4th doctors was the altered brachacki?
Well they’re supposed to be but all the classic tardiss releases by CO have the same basic box mould. For the Brachacki altered releases they have used the Newbery roof. The war games release broke the mould so to speak and added a Brachacki square lamp which was also used on the Snowmen release. Same Newbury roof but with a square lamp. Now to make it that bit more accurate they could do a Brachacki altered style roof, thicker, without the lamp box and which slightly overhangs the step above the sign boxes.

Avon

Post by Avon »

I think the altered roof was rumored to be, potentially, Season 2 related? Looking through the handy exterior shots on the doctor who site:

https://thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/e ... 63-tardis/

That's a square lamp versus the round one we got last year. My personal hope is it's a Tenth Planet TARDIS (and either way) with a hatted, cloaked Hartnell:

https://thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/tardis/e ... 66-tardis/

It's an iconic look and even with the capeless one from last year the original has retained it's value, and with the other sets this year, I don't expect anyone new (like Susan) or a new variant. A nice bonus of this is that if anyone missed either of 2's TARDIS', it equally works for him, and (I know, it's not a David Bradley figure) but it's something else that can populate 12's shelf too