CO Online Exclusives - general discussion

Deborah J

Re: CO Online Exclusives - general discussion

Post by Deborah J »

Yeah, that's probably not a bad idea. I'm going to go ahead and delete that post.

Incidentally, though, does anyone know who yellowpete79 is? Because I saw a comment from them on that last youtube video actively calling me out for posting about it here, from the phrasing of the rest of the comment I feel like they're not someone I'd much like to be friends with. Like pointing out that I'm perhaps getting ahead of myself- that's fair. Everything else in the comment is a big yikes.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Eep, I pop off and check back and we're redacting statements on trials and have piratey-named types coming after Deb? :shock: Well, nice to know in both instances it's none of us personally. (Hopefully.)

Happier note: The set has reached me in the US. And while everything has been great overall I have to commend Al and Character for the quality jump lately. It's been steady the last few years, but when given the opportunity to make (mostly) new figures with less restrictions they went all in. Love everything about these.

I finally got the Bradley TARDIS too. And all of these really clinched it for me: Seriously, I know these sets still have their limits but I'm convinced if Character/Al commit to doing something we're gonna get the absolute best they can do. Maybe we won't get obscure treasures in a given theme (ie, 10th Doctor set) but if they say we're getting a 14th Doctor or a Davros/"Genesis" Dalek, they'll give us the best realization they can. As far back as the Morbius creature I was given reason to trust these would look great in hand regardless of preview images - That's more relevant than ever now.

Point being - If you haven't grabbed these and are on the fence: Do it. Ignore the "fivehead" comments and negative youtuber reviews; I did and I'm glad.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

After thinking I placed an order for the new set when they launched last year and wondered why I hadn't received a notification I realised I must have not completed the purchase!!! Ordered last week and notification for delivery is for tomorrow! Finally!!!

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I doubt it, but I do wonder if they'll announce/show anything new at Gallifrey One? As said, I doubt it, but would be nice.

Dalekoddjob

Post by Dalekoddjob »

The Outcast wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:32 pm
I doubt it, but I do wonder if they'll announce/show anything new at Gallifrey One? As said, I doubt it, but would be nice.
As they aren't announcing anything at the toy fair I'd guuess not there either

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I've finally received my Regeneration set. Absolutely amazing, so glad to finally have it in hand! Now I'm up to date, the wait for the next lot of figures begins.

JamesB-D

Post by JamesB-D »

Just got my Power of the Doctor set, after a small break from collecting. Great set, be lovely if they do more like this, classy box and all