General set proposals

CharlieTheWhovian

Re: General set proposals

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

If it comes down to it, I'd take a Jamie figure using the boiler suit body based on his outfit from The Two Doctors when 6 and Peri find him

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I don't think it'll come down to that. I do think that it might be possible to make a reasonable Mind Robber Jamie using the generic body used on the Axon man. New head on that, add a kilt, new lower legs with feet, you've got a reasonable Jamie. Repaint his shirt from Black to White and you've got a Season 4 Jamie for a variant set. The real issue is what figures they could put with a Jamie, considering his tooling is going to have eat basically all of the budget for those two sets. The 2nd Doctor could have a variant in each set, and you could maybe put a Tomb Cyberman in one set and an Ice Warrior with an added wrist blaster in the other.

SJF

Post by SJF »

The Outcast wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:36 pm
I don't think it'll come down to that. I do think that it might be possible to make a reasonable Mind Robber Jamie using the generic body used on the Axon man. New head on that, add a kilt, new lower legs with feet, you've got a reasonable Jamie. Repaint his shirt from Black to White and you've got a Season 4 Jamie for a variant set. The real issue is what figures they could put with a Jamie, considering his tooling is going to have eat basically all of the budget for those two sets. The 2nd Doctor could have a variant in each set, and you could maybe put a Tomb Cyberman in one set and an Ice Warrior with an added wrist blaster in the other.
I mean, the upcoming Sensorite figures seem to consist of more or less the same new tooling/parts from the same base that a Jamie figure would, so it doesn’t seem so impossible.

The obvious solution is to do a Highlanders set, with the Second Doctor, Jamie and Yikes Mate-McCrimmon, aka Jamie but with ginger hair and moustache. :D

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Hmmm... Potential Jamie-inclusive 3-packs the would only need repaints.

- Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Invasion
- Seeds of Death
- The Two Doctors

I don't think anyone would object to a reissue of the Troughton-era Cybermen, or the Ice Warrior at this point.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Also just want to point out, if you look closely at the Sensorite figures, they’ve got a swivel joint at the feet. Presumably this is how the Voord are going to be an easy variant because they’ll only need to change the head and feet.

But this also brings us one step closer to Jamie, because we’ve now got a set of plain legs on the end of the Jek/Axon body, meaning all we need for Jamie is a new head, new pvc kilt and new boots.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:20 pm

- Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Invasion
- Seeds of Death
- The Two Doctors

I don't think anyone would object to a reissue of the Troughton-era Cybermen, or the Ice Warrior at this point.
Um, I'll gladly take Varl too!! (It's a new head, but everything else is straight reuse.)

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:20 am
skifflebits wrote:

- Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Invasion
- Seeds of Death
- The Two Doctors

Um, I'll gladly take Varl too!! (It's a new head, but everything else is straight reuse.)
Just how different was Varl's head, anyway?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:14 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

- Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Invasion
- Seeds of Death
- The Two Doctors

I mean, I suppose you could just do a repaint of Stike with more of a squint in his eyes. It's the only difference I can see.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Spannerintheworks wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

- Tomb of the Cybermen
- The Invasion
- Seeds of Death
- The Two Doctors

pretty similar, tbh

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:53 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Spannerintheworks wrote:

pretty similar, tbh
Yea, just a few of the usual differences you get with clones