General set proposals

RoseyT

Re: General set proposals

Post by RoseyT »

That new Dalek design. Please. I need it. I'm absolutely in love with the machine blaster.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

RoseyT wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:13 pm
That new Dalek design. Please. I need it. I'm absolutely in love with the machine blaster.
I mean, if we can get a "Power" scoop and a flip-up dome this isn't an unreasonable request, imo.

Gotta wait a bit with the History sets though, I expect.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

RoseyT wrote:
And correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since any of the RTD-era designed Daleks have been released... Barring the Big Finish sets, I suppose, which had unusual paint jobs.

Telecaster

Post by Telecaster »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:57 pm
RoseyT wrote:
And correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since any of the RTD-era designed Daleks have been released... Barring the Big Finish sets, I suppose, which had unusual paint jobs.

The BF ones aside, I make the last release the one in the Asylum set? We can never have enough of the RTD Daleks!

MoarCrossovers

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Just release a three-pack of the new Daleks. Guaranteed to fly off the shelves.
"Uwu! Nyaow I am deth, destwoyer of wurlds!"

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

MoarCrossovers wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:15 am
Just release a three-pack of the new Daleks. Guaranteed to fly off the shelves.
Even if they were to package it as one of the new Daleks, executioner squad and then defence drone Id be more than up for it to be honest!

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Telecaster wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:11 am
The BF ones aside, I make the last release the one in the Asylum set? We can never have enough of the RTD Daleks!
With Tennant nostalgia being at a high these days, I wonder if a series of Tennant/Dalek two-packs would go over well.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 pm
Telecaster wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:11 am
With Tennant nostalgia being at a high these days, I wonder if a series of Tennant/Dalek two-packs would go over well.
I mean, maybe playing on that nostalgia around the 60th anniversary would work best. Especially given how agreeable Tennant is with his role reprisals....all of that could line up very well for all involved depending on what RTD intends for the show/anniversary celebration.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I mean, technically, if the B&M sets are around in 2024, we'll be getting more RTD era Daleks than you can throw a stick at. Like, the HOTD sets are fab, and I do hope they keep doing them.

As for Chibnall era Dalek sets:

Resolution:
- Recon Scout
- Death Squad Dalek (there was only one casing scene in the story, so unless they had the original condition Recon Scout casing behind the scenes, I'd say just stick a Death Squad Dalek in to represent it's original casing)

Revolution:
- Defence Drone (blue)
- Defence Drone (red)

I've got an idea for a 2022 special set, but I'm gonna wait for the special to come out before I finalize that idea. But I feel like these two sets would kinda cover the Chibnall era thus far.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

I like the newish colour.