General set proposals

Bundesrat

Re: General set proposals

Post by Bundesrat »

For Luck's Sake wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:53 pm
I would give up The Curator for the Fugitive Doctor.
Good call, despite my preference for Classics I’d go for that.
For Luck's Sake wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:53 pm
I would also sacrifice the Recon Dalek for a 2013 Cyberman
This one can slip since its Christmas, but it would need to be all Daleks variants to have all Cyber variants.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Yeah, I'd give up the Recon Dalek for either the 2013 or 2020 Cyberman, OR a New Series Ice Warrior or Zygon.

My reasoning being that Dalek was a one-off, and less a proper Dalek than a compromise of an existing model, a la Dalek Caan. Meanwhile, others don't even have typical representation. It's the only 100% new figure we've gotten in some time, and....yeah. Easy trade.

Also, while I am completely happy with what we've gotten lately, and consequently won't pick on those beyond that Dalek:

I'd trade Sharaz Jek for a proper Ainley Master.

I'd trade Tux 10 for a tieless, open collar 10 with a redo of his coat to be less bulky.

(Having my cake and eating it too with those, hehe. ;) )

Avon

Post by Avon »

I'd trade 10 Grandma Connolly's and a Lazlo for a Roboform Santa (how did they never happen?!)

The rest of the worlds supply of Lazlos for a Jackie and Pete Tyler

I'd trade New Earth Rose for any other Rose, except a disco dancing repaint

I'd of traded the Regen 11 from the End of Time set, for Wilf

I'd trade every single re-release of the red jumper nine for any other version of nine

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

How about a "Daleks of Time Fracture" set with the Silver & Blue and Silver & Red Daleks? No new tooling needed, just straight repaints of the New Series Dalek tooling. I'd definitely pick up one or two, and I bet others would too.

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

The Outcast wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 am
How about a "Daleks of Time Fracture" set with the Silver & Blue and Silver & Red Daleks? No new tooling needed, just straight repaints of the New Series Dalek tooling. I'd definitely pick up one or two, and I bet others would too.
That would be a cheap way to get TLV drones and scientists, for those who don't know the time fracture props are just bronze props repainted into TLV colours without any of the new parts like new arms or dome lights etc.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

Something I'm quite surprised they haven't done, although it may be due to the availability of the original sculpts, is a Haemovores set. I feel like you could get a figures in period dress like Gelth Zombie, Yana Master, with new headsculpts and hands, and then a repainted body! Would look really cool and be nice to get another villain for the McCoy shelf, who only really has Daleks and Cybermen currently!

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

ANewWatchBegins wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:38 pm
Something I'm quite surprised they haven't done, although it may be due to the availability of the original sculpts, is a Haemovores set. I feel like you could get a figures in period dress like Gelth Zombie, Yana Master, with new headsculpts and hands, and then a repainted body! Would look really cool and be nice to get another villain for the McCoy shelf, who only really has Daleks and Cybermen currently!
It's not like this didn't cross Character's (or Al's) mind. I'm fairly certain a 3.75 Haemovore set made it far along before not being produced.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:53 am
It has to be a figure of comparable status, so can’t swap out Laszlo for Barbara for example.
Step 1. Travel back in time to the 60s
Step 2. Cast A man in pig makeup and a boiler suit to play a companion
Step 3. Return to present day and convince B&M to release a repainted lazlo as 60s pig companion

Lazlo and Barbara figures are now of comparable status

Step 4. Swap Lazlo for Barbara

You're welcome

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:13 am
Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:53 am
It has to be a figure of comparable status, so can’t swap out Laszlo for Barbara for example.
Step 1. Travel back in time to the 60s
Step 2. Cast A man in pig makeup and a boiler suit to play a companion
Step 3. Return to present day and convince B&M to release a repainted lazlo as 60s pig companion

Lazlo and Barbara figures are now of comparable status

Step 4. Swap Lazlo for Barbara

You're welcome
Classic school-girl error - be engaging in step 1 and 2 you would have established a new time-line where a pig man in a boiler suit was a 60s companion and even if that had no other impact on the progression of Doctor Who it would almost certainly have seen Lazlo take on some other form so you’d have nothing to swap.

Far better you travel back to the point CO get the contract to create figures, show them a copy of that great picture of all figures released and unreleased that appears on Twitter every so often and walk them through it saying we want these, we do not want these, and these are the things you need to add.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I guess I didn't get the right sort of errors out of my system when I actually was a school-girl, or maybe I'd have realised that. Most of mine were either actual errors in tests, or the very occassional erronious "I'm sure this outfit is within the uniform dress-code"