Re: General set proposals

Post by Drewski1981 »

CharlieTheWhovian wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:28 pm
Drewski1981 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 pm
The Outcast wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:51 am
Also, they've not even made three NOTD variants, there's only two variants, injured and non-injured. Unless I'm missing something, which is possible.
Didn't they also do a release with a swappable head so you could have John Hurt's younger head in 8's updated costume? Or did I just dream that?
They made a McGann head to put on the John Hurt body, but they never made a John Hurt head to put on the McGann body lol
Ah. I must be mis-remembering. It makes zero sense to make a McGann head for the War Doctor body IMHO - it would have made more sense to make a young Hurt sculpt to put on 8's body for a post-regeneration figure.
Sad is happy for deep people.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Iirc they didn’t know much about what would happen with the War Doctor other than that McGann would regenerate into him. So I think they kinda took a chance and stuck a modern style McGann head in with the figure to make it a regeneration set. Obviously they weren’t to know McGann would have an entirely different costume and haircut and that he’d regenerate into a young John Hurt.

idontremembermylogin

Post by idontremembermylogin »

SJF wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:14 pm
Iirc they didn’t know much about what would happen with the War Doctor other than that McGann would regenerate into him. So I think they kinda took a chance and stuck a modern style McGann head in with the figure to make it a regeneration set. Obviously they weren’t to know McGann would have an entirely different costume and haircut and that he’d regenerate into a young John Hurt.
Actually I believe the John Hurt figure came out in 2014 anyway, so they would've known everything to know about the War Doctor by the time it came out. IIRC they released the 8th Doctor Head with it purely because they wanted us collectors to have a short haired McGann sculpt.
i'm boring now

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Just been doing a search to see if there is anything out there about problems using the logo. Didn’t find anything on that, but I found something I had never noticed before - in Spearhead from Space when the TARDIS lands it is a different one to the one we see Pertwee emerge from (and the former has the St Johns logo on it).

SJF

Post by SJF »

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:44 pm
SJF wrote:
Actually I believe the John Hurt figure came out in 2014 anyway, so they would've known everything to know about the War Doctor by the time it came out. IIRC they released the 8th Doctor Head with it purely because they wanted us collectors to have a short haired McGann sculpt.
It came out in February though, so only a few months after NOTD and DOTD aired. They would’ve been making it long before then. In fact, I think it was originally supposed to come out earlier and was delayed.

JamieBate

Post by JamieBate »

So you know the Time Lord figure from the series 4 waves, would the sculpt work accurately if simply repainted for classic based Time Lords?

SJF

Post by SJF »

JamieBate wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:38 am
So you know the Time Lord figure from the series 4 waves, would the sculpt work accurately if simply repainted for classic based Time Lords?
It wouldn’t be 100% accurate but it’d work well enough.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

idontremembermylogin wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:44 pm
SJF wrote:
Yes, but production time is at least six months or more. From what I understand -- which could be wrong -- they had no idea about "Night of the Doctor," so they put a head for the most recent "Dark Eyes" incarnation of Eight figuring there was a chance he'd be wearing similar clothes before he regenerated. He's got that leather coat after all.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

T'was a pain to get this photo to attach and I'm not entirely sure if it'll come out well but here we go.

This was an idea I made a while back if some of you remember or have seen some of my stuff on youtube or facebook. A "Revenge of the Cybermen" set! Let's be honest... This is overdue. I mean... not only are the Revenge cybermen going for £40+ a figure but they haven't been rereleased ever! C'mon Mr. Lurker! HEAR OUR PLEA!!!
Attachments
Revenge of the Cyberman.png
Revenge of the Cyberman.png (196.72 KiB) Viewed 1017 times

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

With Cyberbomb harness accessory?

And also maybe a voice chip saying "HARRY SULLIVAN IS AN IMBECILE!"