General set proposals

Theta Sigma

Re: General set proposals

Post by Theta Sigma »

Cosmodipper wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:21 pm
All CO Doctor Who toys are made from melted down old BBC film reels.

We'll never know what classic series and episodes were once contained in the body of each little Doctor.
Uncle_Abe wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:56 pm
Question for the Lurker:

Is it more expensive or more difficult to do the semi-transparent figures like the "light wave" Dalek? I'm just wondering if there's the possibility of transmat-ing figures or a dematerialising Tardis or something similar in the future.
Funny how one post + one post might make sense.

Combined, this struck me as, if heretical, a salable idea. A clear Dalek with a replica film cell inside...or maybe an actual AARU cell?! Definitely something Dapol might've done at least.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:49 am
Cosmodipper wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:21 pm
All CO Doctor Who toys are made from melted down old BBC film reels.

We'll never know what classic series and episodes were once contained in the body of each little Doctor.
Uncle_Abe wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:56 pm
Question for the Lurker:

Is it more expensive or more difficult to do the semi-transparent figures like the "light wave" Dalek? I'm just wondering if there's the possibility of transmat-ing figures or a dematerialising Tardis or something similar in the future.
Funny how one post + one post might make sense.

Combined, this struck me as, if heretical, a salable idea. A clear Dalek with a replica film cell inside...or maybe an actual AARU cell?! Definitely something Dapol might've done at least.
Maybe a drop of Lil Nas's blood in each figure?

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

Hypothetical situation: Lets say CO decided to invest rescaling and retooling previous 3.75 so that they'd now be in scale with the 5.5" stuff. You've got two waves, each has to have six figures, not all of them have to be rescales. The waves also have to be based on Series 7 and Series 8 respectively. How would you do it?

Series 7 wave:
11th Doctor (Day of the Doctor. Repaint of the TOTD figure with swapable fez head)
Clara (7B)
Amy (7A)
Weeping Angel, cracked & screaming (with three Angel Cherub accessories)
Ice Warrior
Zygon

Series 8 wave:
12th Doctor (Cardigan)
Clara (Deep Breath)
Cyberman (swapable Danny head)
Mummy
Rusty
12th Doctor (Space suit, with Spiders)

I think that about covers those Series and also covers the figures we'd like to see rescaled. Personally, I'd like to see a lot of the old 3.75 figures rescaled, though alas, it requires new tooling, so it's unlikely we'll ever have these in the 5.5" scale, unfortunately. But maybe I'll be wrong, I can hold out hope for things to get better.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

If I could have a decent Clara, a new style ice warrior and zygon and a NIS cyberboi in the 5 inch scale I'd be so happy with that. A mummy would be welcome too, as would a cardi 12, though I'd prefer him with a waistcoat.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Honestly, I'd love all the old series monsters done up in the new series forms. Zygon, Ice Warrior, and all the Cybermen since "Nightmare." And I'd *definitely* take a Clara in a better outfit.

Thing is, with all the New Series attention going to the current cast, I think the best we could hope for is maybe a Series 12 Cyber or two.

Still, I keep hoping...

And waiting for some news of the next releases. :)

And NOT making any predictions, because they're sure to be wrong.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:46 pm
And NOT making any predictions, because they're sure to be wrong.
Not going to lie, given the jumps in what we've gotten from Character the last 2 years, I really want us all to be wrong.

Things we NEVER saw coming or thought possible are preferred. 2nd Doctor in Fur coat? Romana in her "Ribos" outfit? Or Console sets! Or the "Evil of the Daleks" Emperor. Yeah, we don't think they're possible. And by the prior year's standards, they aren't.

3 years ago, we would've said the same about Classic Companions and new headsculpts too. Especially 5 in one year.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Watch, it's going to be all Adric.

All. Adric.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:36 pm

All. Adric.
Adric 3 pack featuring his classic outfit, his black orchid party outfit and one of him in the dodgy wig from his first few stories

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:36 pm

All. Adric.
Considering how much new would be required for Adric and what it could mean for other figures: Bring it on.

I mean, at that point Nyssa, the Traken Ainley Master, Jamie...they'd all be on the table if Adric is possible.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

I'm not going to go too far down fantasy aisle, just getting the occasionally fully new tool figure via the CO online exclusives or something would be amazing (which isn't to say what CO have managed to achieve with the B&M sets isn't also amazing, I mean, we got both versions of Romana!). A classic console would be amazing, but we didn't get one during the line's heyday, so I doubt we'll ever see one.