Re: B&M rerelease wishlist? (2020 & beyond)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Doctor What wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:01 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:18 pm
Ah, cool cool, I knew there was a white shirt blue tie one, and a blue shirt blue tie, was never sure if the white shirt brown tie was real or just my imagination. I don't have any blue 11s, I have 3 s5 matts, all in red shirt, two doubles and a fez, considering I have like 8 figures of matt it's a pretty unbalanced colection.
Always found it strange that they went back to the old arms in the TRU set with the blue tie and white shirt one. I mean I think they look better just because you get a better jacket shoulder shape but seems like a step backwards for articulation.
I hadn't realised they'd done that, I assumed it would be the newer arms on all of them. Maybe they didn't want one set out of the 11 having different articulation to the rest. Though if that were true 9 and especially 10 would have needed upgrading, rightfully.

Neon Wolf

Post by Neon Wolf »

Going forward with the B&M waves I'm honestly pretty easily pleased as I gravitate towards Dalek re releases, army builders and cool paint variants. Perhaps if they sell well enough to warrant any new tooling then we could get some new arms similarly to how we've gotten new TARDIS lamps with recent assortments.

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

So my collection is pretty scaled back now, sold off like 70% of it this year. I have a few of my favourite variants of each Doctor and companions, their TARDISes and a few monsters. But here’s my list of what I’d like to see to really “finish” off my collection. Trying to keep in the perimeters of the B&M sets:

1st Doctor:
‘Friends of the First Doctor’ - Ian, Barbara and Susan
‘Friends and Foe of the First Doctor’ - Ben, Polly, 10th Planet Cyberman

‘The First Doctor and TARDIS from Twice Upon a Time’ - 1st Doctor, the unearthly child version but with white scarf

2nd Doctor:
‘Friends of the Second Doctor’ - Victoria, Jamie, Zoe

3rd Doctor:
The Third Doctor and TARDIS - an earlier season TARDIS that is the darker blue of the original prop, with the scuffing

5th Doctor:
‘Friends and Foe of the Fifth Doctor’ - Adric, Nyssa, Cyberleader
‘Friends and Foe of the Fifth Doctor’ - Tegan, Turlough, The Master

6th Doctor:
The 6th Doctor and TARDIS from season 21 - the Darker prop

7th Doctor:
The 7th Doctor and TARDIS

8th Doctor:
The 8th Doctor and TARDIS - TV movie prop

War Doctor:
The War Doctor and TARIDS - hopefully we can see new series boxes eventually, a new roof on the 2007 mould would work well

The 9th Doctor:
‘The 9th Doctor’ - The 9th Doctor (green shirt), Mickey Smith, Rose Tyler (different body)

The 10th Doctor:
‘History of the Daleks - Doomsday’ - Dalek Thay, Dalek Sec
‘History of the Daleks - Daleks in Manhattan’ - Dalek Jast, Dalek Caan

The 12th Doctor:
‘Friends and Foe of the 12th Doctor’ - Nardole, Clara (needs a head with shorter hair and preferably a different body), the Master

‘12th Doctor and TARDIS from Deep Breath’ - 12th Doctor with new waistcoat piece, TARDIS is darker than the 2015 version, in-between that and the 2010 version, with the scuff marks from series 7&8

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

Avon

Post by Avon »

^Terrific! Somehow, I always love seeing Colin's coat in different colors, like the pallet shifted 13th Doc set variant.

A few hopes, these would never happen, still nice to dream!

The Master's TARDIS from Logopolis:
- Ainley Master (I sincerely hope there's some clever overlay you could put on either Delgado or Saxon's body to make that work)
- S18 bright blue TARDIS, with opening Telephone hatch
S18 console room dio background

7th Doctor TARDIS - trying to find an episode that fits the figure and specific TARDIS, but none that work have a great background :lol:
- S25 TARDIS (bright blue, new roof minus the square box, correct signage, flat base (remake of the Fenris one basically) )
- 7th Doctor in correct cream jacket, correct watch chain, serious head with hat (first thing I thought seeing Zygons Tom)

Renegades of the Timelords set
- The Master (Which one? :lol: )
- The Rani - new head/new who Silurian body
- The Valeyard - new head/Timelord body

UNIT 1970: The Silurians
- Liz Shaw (Jo body/new head)
- Silurian (Sea Devil body/new head)
- Sea Devils Pertwee re-release

UNIT 1970: Inferno
- Brigade leader Stewart (Three Doctors Brig, new plain shirt overlay, new head)
- Section leader Shaw (Jo Grant body with new suit overlay, new head)
- Primord (Constantine body, new head)

UNIT 1971: Terror of the Autons
- Season 8 maroon jacket Pertwee, purple cape, new cravatless plug for the chest
- Captain Yates, formal uniform/hat
- Carnival Auton - new head/james lester body

UNIT 1972: The Three Doctors
- The Brig - smart uniform re-release with new paint apps
- Benton - smart uniform/Axos beret head
- 3rd Doctor (13 Doctors with black/blue cape)

Frontier in Space collectors set
- Draconian (Magnus Greel body (thanks Deb!), new head, new overlay)
- Ogron (surely some existing body would suit an Ogron! New head/overlay)
- Delgado

(Somehow, I want to squeeze a Time Warrior Sarah in somewhere too :lol: )

UNIT 1974: Robot
- Harry Sullivan (Harry head/new overlay/james lester body?)
- Fourth Doctor (new paint apps)
- the Brig (Daemons, new paint apps)

Love to construct a Battlefield set, but no idea where to start :lol:

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

I love these UNIT ideas.

But I am DESPERATE for Draconians and Ogrons. They are such iconic, space-opera figures.

Heck, if you do an Ogron, perhaps you can re-release it for a Day of the Daleks-themed set with Yates and 3rd Doctor or Jo....

But is there any base that would remotely work? Roman centurian???

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Just thinking how lucky we've been this year, I was looking at the front page of this thread, people wanting dead planet daleks, someone wanting a hatted 5th doctor, a lot of people saying classic daleks, 60s daleks, people wanting a judoon trooper with the new gun... It's amazing how much stuff we wanted that we actually got. I can't find a post from me in the thread, maybe there is one in there somewhere, maybe not, idk. But here are things I'd hope to see moving forwards:

Daleks: Destiny and Remembrance in particular, though not SWD, I have SWD, any of the other three would be very welcome. Aside from that another genesis to my collection, another death, that would be lovely

Revenge Cybermen: I have sarah jane from that story, but no cybermen to go with her. Maybe one leader, one standard, and a hatless tom with the improved trouser paint apps, I'd be very much up for that.

Hatted cloaked hartnell: open jacket would be my preference, and help differentiate from the original with no new tooling needed, though I'd happily take a closed jacket reissue. Just want a cloak and hat hartnell so much.

Hartnell tardis: stacked roof, white window frames, st john sticker, troughton lamp, blue frame around the white door sign, white on black above the doors all four sides. dirty wash, Just a nice early hartnell tardis but not the pilot one.

Genesis Davros: not much to say, just want one of these.

Invasion of Time Sontaran: see davros

That's my main rerelease/repaint wishes, I'd also like a cap/jumper brig, but I think they'll give unit a break for a bit now. In terms of things within the posibilities of new tooling that we've seen so far I'd like to see:

Ben: from tenth planet, micky body repainted with new head
Polly: from tenth planet, time monster jo body repainted with new head
Steven: from the celestial toymaker, Toby Zed body repainted with new head

Put those together and call that one a "companions of the first doctor set" maybe

Draconian: magnus greel body, with new rubber shoulder pads and new head
Ogron: not sure but maybe a sontaran body with a new torso wrap and a new head, it might be a bit of a stretch but I'd love one

that's all I can think of for now, but I'd love those so much.

The Outcast

Post by The Outcast »

In terms of what I'd like to see from future B&M waves, I'm happy with the Dalek sets we've got going on. I feel that we could get 60s Daleks with different attachments down the road as online exclusives and the like. I'd hope by the time we get to Dalek and NuWho, perhaps there could be a tiny bit of money to make the odd new piece, so maybe we can get a Dalek from Dalek with a distressed looking skirt with the front panel bent out (could even give it a little glow in the dark hand-print thing, a bit like they had on the genetic print Dalek toy, though of course this is getting into more pipe dream territory.

Anyway, outside of the continuing Dalek packs, I'd like to see more new characters made with existing parts, especially characters from the 60s and 80s. I feel there's a good few iconic characters from those eras you could make using existing figures. It'd definitely be nice to have some friends for the 1st, 2nd and 5th Doctors, although making friends for the middle one might be a bit tough. To go into more unlikely territory, it'd be cool to get Big Finish characters made. An Alex MacQueen Master would be amazing, and not the most difficult to make.

All talk of new companions aside, I would like to see some monsters. Strictly from a re-issue perspective, I'd love a Sea Devil, and Cybermen from the Invasion or Revenge of the Cybermen wouldn't go amiss.

Koth2

Post by Koth2 »

As much as id love to see wild and obscure characters I would be happy with the following two sets:

Companions of the 1st Doctor
Ian, Barbara and Susan

Companions of the 5th Doctor
Nyssa, Tegan and Turlough.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

For Luck's Sake wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:55 pm
I love these UNIT ideas.

But I am DESPERATE for Draconians and Ogrons. They are such iconic, space-opera figures.

Heck, if you do an Ogron, perhaps you can re-release it for a Day of the Daleks-themed set with Yates and 3rd Doctor or Jo....

But is there any base that would remotely work? Roman centurian???
Al actually brought up Ogrons as a favourite he'd like to/wished he could do, and I recall he'd want them "huge".

So....definitely a "wait until new monster molds" are a thing then.

(Totally worth looking through the "Questions for the Lurker" thread; He definitely would give us comprehensive Pertwee/Baker & Blake's 7 figure lines if he could. :) )