USA Toy stock now available

For Luck's Sake
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by For Luck's Sake »

skifflebits wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 pm
Weirdly, the History of the Daleks set #2 is back in stock, but none of the other history sets are.

Maybe it was just the first crate that made it into port.
History of the Daleks #2 has been back in stock for a little while. I sent an email to GOGS1 a little while back and they said the other Dalek Sets WILL be back in stock this year. For a brief moment, the Amazon listing said 'In Stock March 1'' and then immediately reverted to not in stock. So I am hoping these will come in March, and I am checking regularly.

I do believe there may have been some shipping delays. But I fully expect (hope?) the two sets will come in. After all, the two Tardis sets went out of stock, and then back in stock. Same with the Witch's Familiar sets.

(Otherwise I'd be really peeved on passing on the chance to get slightly reduced HOTD Sets 3 & 4 from Ebay that are currently selling)

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

For Luck's Sake wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:42 am
skifflebits wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 pm
Weirdly, the History of the Daleks set #2 is back in stock, but none of the other history sets are.

Maybe it was just the first crate that made it into port.
History of the Daleks #2 has been back in stock for a little while. I sent an email to GOGS1 a little while back and they said the other Dalek Sets WILL be back in stock this year. For a brief moment, the Amazon listing said 'In Stock March 1'' and then immediately reverted to not in stock. So I am hoping these will come in March, and I am checking regularly.

I do believe there may have been some shipping delays. But I fully expect (hope?) the two sets will come in. After all, the two Tardis sets went out of stock, and then back in stock. Same with the Witch's Familiar sets.

(Otherwise I'd be really peeved on passing on the chance to get slightly reduced HOTD Sets 3 & 4 from Ebay that are currently selling)
That's good to hear.

And if it makes you feel any better, Whona.com has the History sets for probably less than you'd pay on eBay. (Though considerably more than what you'd pay on Amazon.)
Image

For Luck's Sake
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by For Luck's Sake »

UPDATE: GOGS1/Amazon has History of the Daleks Sets 3 & 4 back in stock

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JXRX9ND/re ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

However, the cheeky monkeys have raised the prices of all dalek sets back up to $29.99

Can't win them all. Still, welcome back boys.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

Eh, I can't complain too much. Five bucks isn't so bad. Just happy to have a shot at it again. :)
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Spannerintheworks »

So......

The latest rumour I've heard is that the US Amazon distributor won't be stocking the sets.

I'm skeptical, as frankly.....it's business. And some of these are Dalek sets. Those seemed to move, and move well. Even if there was some hesitation for other stock/themes, those are same concept as the last year. Why back out of something that clearly sells?

But still....anyone heard anything about this?

Dalekoddjob
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 8:10 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Dalekoddjob »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:58 am
So......

The latest rumour I've heard is that the US Amazon distributor won't be stocking the sets.

I'm skeptical, as frankly.....it's business. And some of these are Dalek sets. Those seemed to move, and move well. Even if there was some hesitation for other stock/themes, those are same concept as the last year. Why back out of something that clearly sells?

But still....anyone heard anything about this?
A guy on facebook is claiming to have spoken to them and been told no.

For Luck's Sake
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:42 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:58 am
So......

The latest rumour I've heard is that the US Amazon distributor won't be stocking the sets.

I'm skeptical, as frankly.....it's business. And some of these are Dalek sets. Those seemed to move, and move well. Even if there was some hesitation for other stock/themes, those are same concept as the last year. Why back out of something that clearly sells?

But still....anyone heard anything about this?
A guy on facebook is claiming to have spoken to them and been told no.
He's been told 'no they won't get any in'? It's odd because they have recently refreshed their stock of 2020 sets.

When I asked a couple weeks ago in mid-May, they told me: "We can't communicate any product launch schedules but please continue to check back."

Perhaps its a smoke-screen after they accidentally leaked the October and December waves last year? Or maybe there just isn't enough profit margin in selling Doctor Who figure sets via Amazon at their current price (with warehouse, Amazon costs, rising cost of US shipping taken into account)

Please, please tell me it's the former! It would be a real shame as after an initial bumpy roll-out, GOGS1/Official North American Doctor Who Store has been a great retailer and way to access figures.

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2789
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

Guess I'll be relying on UK connections to get them. Or paying big prices on WhoNA. Not that WhoNA doesn't deserve it.
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 1112
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Dalekoddjob wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:01 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:58 am
So......

The latest rumour I've heard is that the US Amazon distributor won't be stocking the sets.

I'm skeptical, as frankly.....it's business. And some of these are Dalek sets. Those seemed to move, and move well. Even if there was some hesitation for other stock/themes, those are same concept as the last year. Why back out of something that clearly sells?

But still....anyone heard anything about this?
A guy on facebook is claiming to have spoken to them and been told no.
I mean, I'd feel better if said "guy" had a name that started with "Al" and ended with "Dewar". 8-)

Here's hoping more official updates on everything are coming soon.

User avatar
Theta Sigma
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Theta Sigma »

They've had sales before, so not sure how much we ought to read into another, but this is going atm:

Save 10-20% OFF when purchasing 2 or more qualifying Character Options - Doctor Who products (10% OFF 2 products; 20% OFF 3 or more products). Offered by GOGS1

Still, with the recent pessimism, and CO web-exclusive, I'll assume the worst and cry into my pillow tonight.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Post Reply