USA Toy stock now available

skifflebits

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

Still nuthin'.

Sigh.

At least the site now says "Coming Soon" and not "Buy Now." That was just mean.

;)

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

I wonder what, if anything, we should read into that...
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

So, their STORE is active on Amazon. "GOGS1" Why they dont have things ready to go though is anyone's guess.

Disappointing, especially seeing the best customer relations/communication they've had so far has been....Al.

Being optimistic; Fingers crossed they still deliver. Literally and figuratively.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Glad to see another connect the dots. Yes, that would seem to be the mysterious entity, albeit still somewhat mysterious.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Still nothing. And the link at the top of the page to the "Official North American Doctor Who Shop" has been removed.

Interesting, too, that on the Amazon listings that DO exist, the toys are being listed as "by Doctor Who," not "by Character Options" or "by Underground Toys" as in days past.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:58 pm
Still nothing. And the link at the top of the page to the "Official North American Doctor Who Shop" has been removed.
Still seeing words to that effect at the moment...
(7:28PM EST 07/26/20)
skifflebits wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:58 pm
Interesting, too, that on the Amazon listings that DO exist, the toys are being listed as "by Doctor Who," not "by Character Options" or "by Underground Toys" as in days past.
That's not due to this entity, per se. That has been happening for a while. It's also true on some items on Amazon UK, and for other IP's too. Sometimes it's done in attempt to differentiate vendors, and sometimes to obfuscate the vendor who listed it (this is why sometimes you'll see competing listings for the same items).

Maddeningly, some aftermarket vendors like Toynk have even listed UT items as being from S20 as of late on some sites, despite their never having been distributed under that imprint, so don't read too much into that. ;)

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

So my hope is that, while B&M started shelf stocking this weekend, the US release will be more typical and drop Monday. (Weekend release of anything in the US is very atypical.)

At this point, I'm really holding out due to respect for the line/what it's given us this year, and Al's vouching.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:25 am
So my hope is that, while B&M started shelf stocking this weekend, the US release will be more typical and drop Monday. (Weekend release of anything in the US is very atypical.)

At this point, I'm really holding out due to respect for the line/what it's given us this year, and Al's vouching.
Word on the Facebook CO group is that it's still over a week to go before they are up (a member got a message back from GOGS1). :cry:

What still bugs me, is that (while unlikely) it's not impossible for all B+M stock to be sold by that time (and resulting moment to judge whether buying via a UK friend is a better option). Yeah, Al says don't worry, and I'll try not to, but that's there.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:25 am

Word on the Facebook CO group is that it's still over a week to go before they are up (a member got a message back from GOGS1). :cry:

What still bugs me, is that (while unlikely) it's not impossible for all B+M stock to be sold by that time (and resulting moment to judge whether buying via a UK friend is a better option). Yeah, Al says don't worry, and I'll try not to, but that's there.
Well, look at it this way, if they sell out in a week, it'll be because of scalpers, and you can buy them on eBay for about what they would have cost on Amazon anyway.

:)

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 am
Well, look at it this way, if they sell out in a week, it'll be because of scalpers, and you can buy them on eBay for about what they would have cost on Amazon anyway.

:)
I just knew this smilie had to exist.