USA Toy stock now available

Post Reply
User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2586
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 am
Well, look at it this way, if they sell out in a week, it'll be because of scalpers, and you can buy them on eBay for about what they would have cost on Amazon anyway.

:)
I just knew this smilie had to exist.
Image
Ha!

I would encourage you to save your hair. Just relax about it. They'll be out in the US some time very soon, and not having them for a couple of days more won't kill us. You'll get them one way or another.

It's zen and the art of toy collecting.
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:29 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am
skifflebits wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:24 am
Well, look at it this way, if they sell out in a week, it'll be because of scalpers, and you can buy them on eBay for about what they would have cost on Amazon anyway.

:)
I just knew this smilie had to exist.
Image
Ha!

I would encourage you to save your hair. Just relax about it. They'll be out in the US some time very soon, and not having them for a couple of days more won't kill us. You'll get them one way or another.

It's zen and the art of toy collecting.
If there is a positive we haven't mentioned, it's this:

GOGS1's other items all are Prime with (for me, on the east coast) next day delivery.

So once listed, we likely won't be waiting long. :)

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2586
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

Honestly, unless they're super-deep discount on Amazon, I may just wait and buy them from WhoNA. Kroll knows they've earned my business over the years.
Image

User avatar
vitodim
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:46 am
Location: NJ, US
Contact:

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by vitodim »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:26 am
Honestly, unless they're super-deep discount on Amazon, I may just wait and buy them from WhoNA. Kroll knows they've earned my business over the years.
Are the prices on the site correct? They seem way high. With the exchange rate, £19.99 = $26, but most of the sets on the site are listed at twice that price. Honestly, in the past, I've had a friend buy the B&M sets for me and ship them to the US. I give her extra money for her time (and pay for shipping) but it would still probably work out to be cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they will be on sale in the US, and I would expect them to be more expensive, but double the price seems excessive. I would think $35 would be reasonable, maybe $40. But $50?
Image I am geek, hear me roar!

User avatar
Theta Sigma
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Theta Sigma »

vitodim wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:16 am
skifflebits wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:26 am
Honestly, unless they're super-deep discount on Amazon, I may just wait and buy them from WhoNA. Kroll knows they've earned my business over the years.
Are the prices on the site correct? They seem way high. With the exchange rate, £19.99 = $26, but most of the sets on the site are listed at twice that price. Honestly, in the past, I've had a friend buy the B&M sets for me and ship them to the US. I give her extra money for her time (and pay for shipping) but it would still probably work out to be cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that they will be on sale in the US, and I would expect them to be more expensive, but double the price seems excessive. I would think $35 would be reasonable, maybe $40. But $50?
Going by their current offerings, like the 13th TARDIS, Recon Dalek, etc., the shipping will be included, and without Prime. Personally, I still don't think that justifies the pricing, but I'd bet it's the justification, along with not bringing over the same amount of stock that B&M is.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:08 am
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:25 am
So my hope is that, while B&M started shelf stocking this weekend, the US release will be more typical and drop Monday. (Weekend release of anything in the US is very atypical.)

At this point, I'm really holding out due to respect for the line/what it's given us this year, and Al's vouching.
Word on the Facebook CO group is that it's still over a week to go before they are up (a member got a message back from GOGS1). :cry:

What still bugs me, is that (while unlikely) it's not impossible for all B+M stock to be sold by that time (and resulting moment to judge whether buying via a UK friend is a better option). Yeah, Al says don't worry, and I'll try not to, but that's there.
So, a week on, I'm curious: Were more specifics about release given? It won't be long before scalped sets catch buyers' eyes on Amazon or Ebay, and not all interested parties are on Gallifrey Base or forums like this; The scalped resells will look like "new" sets on offer to the casual buyer/fan. I'm sure they've legit things that need to be cleared, but this is starting to approach the point where they'll lose sales and the "simultaneous" release will be less meaningful.

User avatar
Bundesrat
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Bundesrat »

No idea of the costs, but this site seems to be getting the sets and does international shipping

https://www.timemeddlers.co.uk/collections/b-m-sets (new sets will not be there until midnight)

From their email -

The brand new B&M range will be available one last time at midnight tonight!

Clicking any of the buttons below will take you to the B&M section of our website.
The new products will materialise at 00:00 (midnight, BST) TONIGHT.
Please note, we will not be restocking this range after tonight's product drop.
All sets will be available at the original RRP of £19.99 each. Stock is limited, so act fast to avoid disappointment!

I know NOTHING about this site, so please do your research before placing any orders.
Image

Spannerintheworks
Posts: 1005
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 pm
No idea of the costs, but this site seems to be getting the sets and does international shipping

https://www.timemeddlers.co.uk/collections/b-m-sets (new sets will not be there until midnight)

From their email -

The brand new B&M range will be available one last time at midnight tonight!

Clicking any of the buttons below will take you to the B&M section of our website.
The new products will materialise at 00:00 (midnight, BST) TONIGHT.
Please note, we will not be restocking this range after tonight's product drop.
All sets will be available at the original RRP of £19.99 each. Stock is limited, so act fast to avoid disappointment!

I know NOTHING about this site, so please do your research before placing any orders.
This is exactly what I was talking about: Looks tempting, and other buyers are gonna see things like this and only this, as USA distributors give us no new communication or updates. Frustrating.

User avatar
Theta Sigma
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:48 am

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by Theta Sigma »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 pm
No idea of the costs, but this site seems to be getting the sets and does international shipping

https://www.timemeddlers.co.uk/collections/b-m-sets (new sets will not be there until midnight)

From their email -

The brand new B&M range will be available one last time at midnight tonight!

Clicking any of the buttons below will take you to the B&M section of our website.
The new products will materialise at 00:00 (midnight, BST) TONIGHT.
Please note, we will not be restocking this range after tonight's product drop.
All sets will be available at the original RRP of £19.99 each. Stock is limited, so act fast to avoid disappointment!

I know NOTHING about this site, so please do your research before placing any orders.
As you posted this in the USA Toy thread, it demands citing that this site will not deduct the VAT for USA/non-UK customers unlike other retailers (While that can be marginal on the one figure, it stacks up when considering several).

Now, if they are driving about clearing shelves themselves, you can argue there's no way around that when it comes to B&M-exclusives, but that gives me pause all the same. Personally, I'd sooner have a friend in the UK who's just going for their own set to pick up seconds as well and not buying based on pre-orders they have. ;)
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

User avatar
skifflebits
Posts: 2586
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: USA Toy stock now available

Post by skifflebits »

WhoNA has also said they will try to get the toys from 'UK Sources" to sell on their site. Whether or not they're going through the official distributor or not they did not say.
Image

Post Reply