The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

DalekCheese

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by DalekCheese »

I go away for a couple of days and some mysterious cataclysmice event happens. Just my luck, eh? :lol:

In all seriousness though, Al, I’m really bloody sad that this had to happen.

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

This is probably because I'm thick lol but what exactly is going on? All i can really understand from reading the last posts is that someone's leaked something? I'm not too sure though :question:

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Bundesrat wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:41 am
lol - as I was typing my essay, Theta Sigma stepped it and covered it all perfectly in nice concise couple of lines.
When I button my shirt, my mild-mannered alter ego as Daily Planet Classifieds editor comes to life.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

You are all quite right i forget its all public ... but oi feel like its not .. that said i think if people are going to just cut and paste our discussions and there was nothing on that answer that would be incendiary by the way it has the potential to be seen by outside 3rd parties .. they monitor all discussion and whether an issue or not they will only see it as doctor who product being discussed on social media ..

Al

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Aw, man. I just wandered into this and I'm playing catch-up.

Al, I completely understand. I'm sad something like this happened, and at the end of the day, I've just been happy to have you pop on here every so often to field our fan-kid questions.

I figure 95% of the people here would operate under whatever level of confidentiality you'd ask for, but I get that it only takes one to make things problematic. I hope maybe we could put a thread behind a password-protected wall, but that's not up to me.

Sorry you got burned. Count me with the people who are angry about it.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

skifflebits wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:38 pm

Al, I completely understand. I'm sad something like this happened, and at the end of the day, I've just been happy to have you pop on here every so often to field our fan-kid questions.

I figure 95% of the people here would operate under whatever level of confidentiality you'd ask for, but I get that it only takes one to make things problematic. I hope maybe we could put a thread behind a password-protected wall, but that's not up to me.

We did used to have a registered members only board section, so it can definitely be done.

TV8

Post by TV8 »

Kaldor wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:23 pm
skifflebits wrote:

We did used to have a registered members only board section, so it can definitely be done.
I'd second that - set up a members only hidden section.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

Kaldor wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:23 pm
skifflebits wrote:

I currently and formerly admin'd and modded several phpBB boards, and not only is that possible, current subforums can be set that way; not to mention spoiler tags can easily be added too (It's a popular phpBB extension). There's actually lots that could be done here.
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Whovastron

Post by Whovastron »

We used to have a members only section back in the day

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

I have a lighter and more cheery question to ask that isn’t related to new product or anything!

If the licence for the Sarah Jane adventures line continued what would you have liked to do?
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade