The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

I haven't managed to get a tomb cyberman till a few months ago because I was never allowed/able to get the figures and when a b&m opened near me in like 2016 was when I got my first proper set (11th doctor silence and cyberman).

Even then I didn't know there were b&m figures!

Now I have nearly 150 figures so that's neat :lol:

On the subject of cybermen, I have a question (AGAIN!)

Al, which cyberman design is your all time favourite? Personally (as I said) it's the tomb ones for no reason I can think of lmao

Roller74

Post by Roller74 »

Lurker, why has no 4th doctor figure ever had the most iconic extra ever, a bag of jelly babies? Do you not like jelly babies?

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Question for The Lurker

Without giving any details more just a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ (or a straight ‘no comment’) do CO get any feedback from B&M or have any market research of their own as to what proportion of figures are bought by folks like us, and what are bought on impulse by folk out shopping?

My favourite memory of going to B&M on a Who hunt was finding shelves full of all the new figures and there standing in front of them was a wide eyed maybe 5 or 6 year old boy studying all the figures intently and deciding which *one* he was going to get. I got the impression he didn’t really know who any of them were and was therefore selecting purely on which looked the most exciting to him.

Quite the contrast to me who was buying one of everything by default and focussing on the best quality paint jobs.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

Al, which cyberman design is your all time favourite? Personally (as I said) it's the tomb ones for no reason I can think of lmao

A - Silver Nemesis! ... i loved the suits on those. Thought everything about that design was perfect plus the Clear chin and chrome effect helmets ... thats my favourite though the story is OK and the being destroyed by coins bit always gets my goat! .... I’ll get my coat!

Q -Lurker, why has no 4th doctor figure ever had the most iconic extra ever, a bag of jelly babies? Do you not like jelly babies?
A - love them and actually we did sculpt them but the scale is too small and it kinda looks like hes holding a soggy handkerchief ... it looked so crap i refused to have it packed off (i think we actually tooled it.

Q - Without giving any details more just a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ (or a straight ‘no comment’) do CO get any feedback from B&M or have any market research of their own as to what proportion of figures are bought by folks like us, and what are bought on impulse by folk out shopping?
A - Yes and No .. we get feedback as to what’s selling or has sold well. They dont want peg warmers so they are A always positive on new ideas, great with feedback on sales and really dont like repeating products.

Lurker at the Edge

Post by Lurker at the Edge »

To be fair its totally tied between the Revenge cybermen and Nemesis but if you had to make me pick I’d actually probably pick the revenge Cyberman because the scene of Tom Baker being shaken senseless by the cyber Leader and getting more and more annoyed is seared into my memory! .. lol

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Well, since you like the Revenge cybermen then it's only logical we can get another release.

ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ɢᴏᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴜs

Cosmodipper

Post by Cosmodipper »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:10 pm
Q - Is it fair to say that the line seems to be picking up in popularity again, and, if so, how far off are we from getting the kind of sales required to justify new machining? Totally understand if you can't answer this one, and thanks for the toys!
a - Cant answer this one .. sorry in all that.
I feel like "can't answer this one" is an answer of sorts.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

To be fair the answer is obvious. Groups about figures have grown hundreds of members every few months (on a bad day) and we're getting more new stuff than rereleases at this point!

I mean, I'm not with CO so this isn't a confirmation but I'd say the line is picking up well and obviously we're getting new tooling and stuff. Which, by the way, is absolutely exciting!

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:58 pm
To be fair its totally tied between the Revenge cybermen and Nemesis but if you had to make me pick I’d actually probably pick the revenge Cyberman because the scene of Tom Baker being shaken senseless by the cyber Leader and getting more and more annoyed is seared into my memory! .. lol
Oh well, if you ever wanted to bring back the revenge cyberbois for a B&M set we'd all be right behind you. I certainly would, they're one of my favourite designs and they're the only version I don't have

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Deborah J wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:07 pm
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:58 pm
Oh well, if you ever wanted to bring back the revenge cyberbois for a B&M set we'd all be right behind you. I certainly would, they're one of my favourite designs and they're the only version I don't have
They were the ONLY Tom-era villain I was missing. Got them as a gift finally but they're so well done (tubing, like the Tomb Cyberman, does not limit poseability) that I'd happily rebuy them, especially if packed with something new.