The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

skifflebits

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by skifflebits »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm
Q -Lurker, why has no 4th doctor figure ever had the most iconic extra ever, a bag of jelly babies? Do you not like jelly babies?
A - love them and actually we did sculpt them but the scale is too small and it kinda looks like hes holding a soggy handkerchief ... it looked so crap i refused to have it packed off (i think we actually tooled it.
Aw... Shame they looked rubbish. I always liked the prop on the Product Enterprise version, but that bloody thing was 12" tall.

Still, I'd take a soggy handkerchief with some purple, orange and green pips on the top of it. I'm not fussy. :)

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

Question for the Lurker:

Is it more expensive or more difficult to do the semi-transparent figures like the "light wave" Dalek? I'm just wondering if there's the possibility of transmat-ing figures or a dematerialising Tardis or something similar in the future.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Uncle_Abe wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:56 pm
Question for the Lurker:

Is it more expensive or more difficult to do the semi-transparent figures like the "light wave" Dalek? I'm just wondering if there's the possibility of transmat-ing figures or a dematerialising Tardis or something similar in the future.
Or even a "Revelation" incubator Dalek, with or without a mutated head inside.

TheOnComingStorm

Post by TheOnComingStorm »

Hi Al,

I have a couple questions regarding other, amazing Dr Who products of yesteryear.

Can I please ask about the Time Squad figures. These were gorgeous! Any chance of revisiting these in the future? It would be great to have all the doctors and a few more iconic villains. I was pleased to see the Clara, 12, projected Angel, purple clockwork man a few years ago. The animated style figures are very 'in' at the moment.

Also, is there a reason we never had a TARDIS talking money bank, which featured Donna and the 10th Doctor?
I have the 9th Dr, 10 and Rose and 10 and Martha and it would have been great to have a 10 and Donna too.

Thank you

rowie4life

Post by rowie4life »

I know that we, probably, won't get a 6th Doctor, from the B&M line, but any chance of getting it as a character-online.com exclusive? I would love a 6th to 7th regeneration set, and I'm willing to pay a premium for it.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

ngl I'd love a series of regeneration figures. would be so awesome to have as a linup all... lined up.

£20 per single figure if I have to! People WILL PAAYYYYYYYY!

Frax Owen

Post by Frax Owen »

On the subject of what people will pay for and in support of paying more for online exclusives, It should be noted how much custom figures sell for and custom head runs for monsters that have not been created by CO. Unpainted heads sell for £15-£20 each and whole custom figures sell for near £100 or more sometimes. Paying £30 or more for one exclusive figure would not be a problem for me personally or other fans, if the custom community is anything to go by lol.

rhysch

Post by rhysch »

bit of a random question, but with regards to the Bill figure, was the figure Pearl posted on her instagram (below) the same sculpt as the released figure? because the head of the one Pearl posted looked fantastic, and the released one was good, but i preferred the other 😂 so what happened there?
Attachments
22C5BA14-63F5-465C-AE80-661F5DF71DA4.jpeg
22C5BA14-63F5-465C-AE80-661F5DF71DA4.jpeg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 861 times
Formerly ‘chocywhovian’ thankfully I’ve matured since then 😂

CharlieTheWhovian

Post by CharlieTheWhovian »

rhysch wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:58 pm
bit of a random question, but with regards to the Bill figure, was the figure Pearl posted on her instagram (below) the same sculpt as the released figure? because the head of the one Pearl posted looked fantastic, and the released one was good, but i preferred the other 😂 so what happened there?
Pre-production samples generally have a better finish. The only obvious difference i can see is in the arm articulation, so I'd guess this was an early model. I think the paint apps on Bill's face are just slightly crisper, that's all.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Do we know where those arm sculpts came from? because there is a sculpted bit like a sleeve end there that they've painted up to look like a strap from her top that's slid down her arm a little (and fair play, my friend has one of that exact top and it has a double strap) but I'm assuming that came from a sculpt with short sleeves?