The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

KingYcranos

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by KingYcranos »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:25 pm
Do we know where those arm sculpts came from? because there is a sculpted bit like a sleeve end there that they've painted up to look like a strap from her top that's slid down her arm a little (and fair play, my friend has one of that exact top and it has a double strap) but I'm assuming that came from a sculpt with short sleeves?
Yes, it's from the Abby Maitland Primeval figure.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

KingYcranos wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:37 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Do we know where those arm sculpts came from? because there is a sculpted bit like a sleeve end there that they've painted up to look like a strap from her top that's slid down her arm a little (and fair play, my friend has one of that exact top and it has a double strap) but I'm assuming that came from a sculpt with short sleeves?
Oh right, I thought the version we ended up with was from that

SJF

Post by SJF »

Deborah J wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:56 pm
KingYcranos wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:37 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Oh right, I thought the version we ended up with was from that
The new arms are a new sculpt based on the original Abby ones I think.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Question for The Lurker

Not including any image right type situations (if any of these are really true) - are there figures/sets that you are unable to re-release through B&M or on-line because they were previously sold FP, SDCC, Woolies etc ‘exclusives’?

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

Hi Al, I’m not sure if you can say or if I’m giving you an idea here, but have you thought about including cardboard cut out daleks in the History of the Daleks set for power of the daleks as accessories? I presume they’d be very cheap and would let us replicate the famous scene from that story.

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

Any B&M news incoming soon? Last thing we heard was that they were coming March/April so I’m assuming they’ve been delayed now :cry: :cry:
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

Imperial Dalek

Post by Imperial Dalek »

I seem to recall at some point on this chain there was talk about the possibility of another character online exclusive in Spring 2021? Though this was a long time ago, who knows if its still going to happen

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

Wholords2 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:28 pm
Any B&M news incoming soon? Last thing we heard was that they were coming March/April so I’m assuming they’ve been delayed now :cry: :cry:
last news we had was there was news at any point AFTER march and no point before and that's all we've had so far that is certain. We've had leaks etc but nothing official. June/July are the predicted dates for actual products if all goes well

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Consider - a lot of these news/speculative dates came to us here before someone shared Lurker posts within this forum outside of it. While I'm not certain, it would fit the chain of events for speculative teasers or updates to the prior schedule/release dates to be limited or kept from forums like these. And if that is the case....can't say I blame a Lurker or anyone else involved.

After all, EVERYTHING save the "Jungles of Mechanus" set got leaked last year.

Further, factor in the situation with lockdowns lifting/restrictions loosening. If releases to B&M were delayed so that more actual foot traffic was involved, that ALSO makes sense. And better sales mean a better future for the line/releases to come.

Again, this is all speculation on my part, but I'm just taking into account things we definitely know happened/are happening that could affect what we hear/when we get it/when things arrive instore, rather than even more speculative "Is a shipment delayed?/Are the sales down?/Is B&M not happy?" type stuff that we legit have no idea about.

AndrozaniChap

Post by AndrozaniChap »

What also must be taken into account is that certain B&M stores still have remaining stock from last year that still remains in clearance, I'm unaware of how much remains but it is certainly one of the constant factors that indicates new stock is on route.

I'd say this month is realistic for an announcement - Seeing as it was this time last year we had the last sets revealed officially!

Hold the hope guys.. we are nearly out of the dark.