The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Doctor Gamer

Re: The “Questions for The Lurker” thread

Post by Doctor Gamer »

Lurker at the Edge wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:58 pm
Very unlikely it was HUGE and never submitted in for approval so its not likely to ver be a B&M release
I was more thinking other things that can be made using existing headsulpts and kitbashed bodies, i.e. An alternative Clara outfit or a Series 10 capaldi. Perhaps even a Nardole using a new headscuplt on the 4th Doctor body used for Harry last year ;)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:27 pm
So the question on figures not released .. i think its safe to say there are at current count around 15 figures that have never been released and remain as sculpts only ... either complete figures, variants or parts such as heads etc ...

As to the ones that never leaked .. most have but there are some digital figures that never got released .. including:

The God Complex Minotaur *Seen
The Solonian Mutt
The Quark
The Fisherking
The Service Robot
Thank you for replying. One follow up - how did the Service Robot differ from the release Mummy Robot?

SJF

Post by SJF »

Bundesrat wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:16 pm
So the question on figures not released .. i think its safe to say there are at current count around 15 figures that have never been released and remain as sculpts only ... either complete figures, variants or parts such as heads etc ...

As to the ones that never leaked .. most have but there are some digital figures that never got released .. including:

The Solonian Mutt
The Quark
The Fisherking
The Service Robot
Thank you for replying. One follow up - how did the Service Robot differ from the release Mummy Robot?
Maybe it was a servo?

Wholords2

Post by Wholords2 »

I have two more questions actually!

1. What’s the story behind the clear ghost Cyberman figure??

2. I remember a little while ago on Gallifrey base you showed some CAD files of a 1st Doctor tardis, a solonian Mutt and a capaldi tardis, are there still any plans for you to share the files so people can print their own? Or the ones you’ve just mentioned that there’s files for?
Insta-@wholords2
Twitter-@wholords2

Making customs and collecting Doctor who figures for over a decade

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

SJF wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:30 pm
Bundesrat wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:16 pm

The Solonian Mutt
The Quark
The Fisherking
The Service Robot
Maybe it was a servo?
Yeah, I assumed "Wheel in Space". Talk about a deep cut if so.

If so....the Servo robot. The "Web of Fear" yeti. A Quark. The fur coat Second Doctor.

Excepting the initial 2nd Doctor sculpt and Ice Warrior....If it's not a Cyberman or a Dalek, the Second Doctor's era just can't catch a break. :cry:

canton the Fifth

Post by canton the Fifth »

Hi Al!

What are the difficulties of transferring sculpts from 3.75" to 5"? For example, the original 12th Doctor 5" inch figure looks to have the same sculpt as the 3.75" figure. Was the smaller sculpt simply scaled up for this? Is it possible to scale up other 3.75" figures?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

canton the Fifth wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:21 pm
Hi Al!

What are the difficulties of transferring sculpts from 3.75" to 5"? For example, the original 12th Doctor 5" inch figure looks to have the same sculpt as the 3.75" figure. Was the smaller sculpt simply scaled up for this? Is it possible to scale up other 3.75" figures?
I'm actually curious to know this too; The 5.5 8th Doctor and Missy figures look like they either were -

1. Developed simultaneously as the 3.75 in versions OR
2. Scaled up/down.

I'm guessing the designs at the digital level would be the question here, not the hard sculpt moulds.

vitodim

Post by vitodim »

Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:51 pm
As an absolute rule I never look at what customisers do. It means further down the line (and it’s happened) they can say oh look CO copied my X Y or Z ... the reality is some will be close because it’s just good sense to maximise reusing figures if you can. So I avoid it.
Thanks for answering the question Al! Much appreciated. Keep up the good work. Exciters to see what's coming next.
Image I am geek, hear me roar!

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

Great to read all these answers.

My question for the Lurker: how are sculpts made? Are they done by hand, or do you use computers? Have you always used one or the other?

Thanks!

The Castle Doctor

Post by The Castle Doctor »

What was the deal with the McGann head in the original War Doctor release? Was this part of something that never came to fruition or just an added incentive?