If you could pick only ONE companion...

Theta Sigma

Re: If you could pick only ONE companion...

Post by Theta Sigma »

skifflebits wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:26 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:41 pm
Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Pretty sure Grace (and Chang Lee) are off limits per rights (Fox).
Goes without saying...which you didn't in the original post. ;)
Because Spanner didn't make the original post. I did.

And yeah, it goes without saying that Grace (and Chang Lee) are off limits per rights (Fox).

:P
We need a facepalm smilie here...I certainly do. ;)

My apologies chaps, chapettes, non-chap/ette identifying!
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

Richard A. Franklin

Post by Richard A. Franklin »

1st - Susan
2nd - Jamie
5th - Nyssa
8th - Lucie

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

SJF wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:52 pm
Deborah J wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 pm
If they ever make a figure of me I could pair her up with Paul, that would work fine, Tiny Deborah's Tiny Paul Adventures.
Don’t be silly. You’d be paired up with the David Warner Doctor. Preorder now and get a free bin accessory with no extra charge.
that would make more sense. I'm like the oscar the grouch of David Warner's life

DalekCheese

Post by DalekCheese »

1- Ian
2-Jamie
5-Tegan (or maybe Nyssa- the eternal question!)
8- I have no idea. Grace? Or maybe the fish-looking one.

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

The "Companion for Eight" question is a tough one. They can't do anyone from the Fox movie, so that essentially leaves only comics and Big Finish.

Theta Sigma

Post by Theta Sigma »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:54 pm
The "Companion for Eight" question is a tough one. They can't do anyone from the Fox movie, so that essentially leaves only comics and Big Finish.
In my opinion, EDAs > Big Finish > Comics. That means Bernice, Sam, Fitz Kreiner, etc too.

A Dying Days set would be great with post-TVM 8th and Benny. Great way to finally get a Bernice Summerfield!
Formerly Thete, and Theta Sigma of DWT fora past...

greeneggsandspam

Post by greeneggsandspam »

Companion for eight is likevthe 90s version of song for ten
Eggs gon give it to ya

skifflebits

Post by skifflebits »

Theta Sigma wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:14 pm
skifflebits wrote:
In my opinion, EDAs > Big Finish > Comics. That means Bernice, Sam, Fitz Kreiner, etc too.

A Dying Days set would be great with post-TVM 8th and Benny. Great way to finally get a Bernice Summerfield!
Hmmm... How many EDA's was Bernice in? I've been using a repurposed Helen Cutter as a Benny stand-in for a while now. (Using for what is another question.)

Hypothetical question: If they released a Bernice Summerfield figure, would they need to use the actual face of [whoever the voice artist BF used], or could they make one up since she started in print?

Doctor What

Post by Doctor What »

skifflebits wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:32 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:
skifflebits wrote:

Hmmm... How many EDA's was Bernice in? I've been using a repurposed Helen Cutter as a Benny stand-in for a while now. (Using for what is another question.)

Hypothetical question: If they released a Bernice Summerfield figure, would they need to use the actual face of [whoever the voice artist BF used], or could they make one up since she started in print?
In theory they could make up a book one but the most recognisable Benny is definitely Lisa Bowerman at this point so they'd be more likely to make her. Wonder if the license would technically cover the VNAs?

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Doctor What wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:47 pm
skifflebits wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:32 pm
Theta Sigma wrote:

In theory they could make up a book one but the most recognisable Benny is definitely Lisa Bowerman at this point so they'd be more likely to make her. Wonder if the license would technically cover the VNAs?
There is definitely a portion of fandom that would cry foul if Bowerman wasn't used, and the Venn diagram of those people and the ones that buy Big Finish related figure sets is probably a solid circle.