If you could pick only ONE companion...

skifflebits

If you could pick only ONE companion...

Post by skifflebits »

So, there are four Doctors with ostensibly no companion figures yet: Hartnell, Troughton, Davison (Peri really belongs with Colin), and McGann.

If the Gods of Plastic pronounced that there could be only ONE companion figure for each of these Doctors, who would you choose for them?

Spannerintheworks

Re: If you could pick only ONE companion...

Post by Spannerintheworks »

skifflebits wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:20 pm
So, there are four Doctors with ostensibly no companion figures yet: Hartnell, Troughton, Davison (Peri really belongs with Colin), and McGann.

If the Gods of Plastic pronounced that there could be only ONE companion figure for each of these Doctors, who would you choose for them?
Hartnell - Susan
Troughton - Jamie
Davison - Tegan
McGann - Lucie (I'd be ok with Charley too.)

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

my choices would be:

Hartnell: Susan
Troughton: Jamie
Davison: Nyssa
McGann: uhhh... idk, I've not listned to any of the audios, I like Fitz who was in the books, but I've no idea what he's meant to look like. I'd be up for a figur of sheridan smith's characters in the audios, not sure if she's charley or lucy or who she is, but she has a look that is nice, with the denim shorts and the checked shirt.

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

Hartnell - Barbara
Troughton - Jamie
Davidson - Nyssa
McGann - Ian (from some piece of expanded media that is out there or the inevitable Barbara and Ian enter the Time War with the Eighth Doctor, River Song and Winston Churchill boxset from Big Finish)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

Hartnell: Susan
Davison: Ainley Master (look, just because the Doctor didn’t believe him in the Five Doctors doesn’t mean he wasn’t onboard as being his companion and its the thought that counts - so he counts!)*
McGann: Charley

*ok, if my desperation for an Ainley Master is pushing the limits then Tegan please.

SJF

Post by SJF »

Hartnell - Steven
Troughton - Jamie
Davison - Tegan
McGann - Liv
Hurt - Ollistra

SJF

Post by SJF »

ANewWatchBegins wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:06 pm
Hartnell - Barbara
Troughton - Jamie
Davidson - Nyssa
McGann - Ian (from some piece of expanded media that is out there or the inevitable Barbara and Ian enter the Time War with the Eighth Doctor, River Song and Winston Churchill boxset from Big Finish)
I mean technically the Eighth Doctor and Ian did just appear in a Time War Boxset together, they just weren’t in the same story. Susan’s War.

BoundryHopper

Post by BoundryHopper »

Spannerintheworks wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 pm
skifflebits wrote:

Hartnell - Susan
Troughton - Jamie
Davison - Tegan
McGann - Lucie (I'd be ok with Charley too.)
Agree with this 100%! I'd take Charley, but I'd be thinking of Lucie!
:evil: #SAYNOTOSCALPERS :twisted:

Galactic YoYo

Post by Galactic YoYo »

skifflebits wrote:

Hartnell: Steven
Davison: Nyssa
McGann: Charley
"It seems that I am some kind of a Galactic yoyo" Jon Pertwee- The Claws of Axos

ANewWatchBegins

Post by ANewWatchBegins »

SJF wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:29 pm
ANewWatchBegins wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:06 pm
Hartnell - Barbara
Troughton - Jamie
Davidson - Nyssa
I mean technically the Eighth Doctor and Ian did just appear in a Time War Boxset together, they just weren’t in the same story. Susan’s War.
I knew something like that would exist :lol: