Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

skifflebits

Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

Post by skifflebits »

I'll go first.

The St. John's ambulance logo has been banned from use on all future TARDIS toys because the estate of St. John filed a lawsuit.

Spannerintheworks

Re: Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

Post by Spannerintheworks »

I see what you did there. ;)

As followup, I'll submit:

"My friend's friend works at Character/B&M/Al's mechanic's garage, so I can say with 100% assurance that even though 2 sets based on two less celebrated stories from 1964 seem unlikely, they are 100% real, no room for doubt or evidence needed."

SJF

Post by SJF »

Catherine Tate and Billie Piper have both refused to ever have their likenesses used for Doctor Who figures ever again, in fact the Donna figure released was actually based on the likeness of Lauren Cooper a schoolgirl that passed away in 2007 who had a shocking resemblance to Catherine.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

This is actually true - on the radio this morning a reporter at the Suez Canal was discussing the impact of the Evergreen running aground, she was saying there are now over 300 ships sitting in a queue and that there is going to be a significant delay to the delivery of their load, which is made up of everything you can think of “from bedside lamps, to Doctor Who toys to bicycle inner tubes” DIRECT QUOTE!!

KingYcranos

Post by KingYcranos »

All figures that have been released from 2006-2017 will be found and destroyed, due to Chris Chibnall not wanting any merchandise from any era except his. A BBC Worldwide spokesperson had this to say: "Do not be alarmed if a repossession man comes into your home, he is only taking away your figures- all valuables will be left in your abode."

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Not only is Torchwood really, definitely coming back but so is the toy line.

They still won't make an Owen though. :lol:

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

There will NOT be a B&M Ainley Master release this year. FACT.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

Bundesrat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:35 pm
There will NOT be a B&M Ainley Master release this year. FACT.
Genius... utter genius..

RoseyT

Post by RoseyT »

They're making a version of Davros with the comedian Bobby Davro being used as the base sculpt, it will be called Bobby Davros.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Way back in the early days of the forum I used to make up really stupid obviously fake things that I said we're going to be released, I remembered one of my favourites the other day, "gallifreyan roots" set, with an assortment of figures using the timelord body and various heads. So that's my rumour, we're doing that again, but slightly revised because I don't remember exactly what I picked last time. The new assortment will include:

Fourth doctor in timelord robes
Tenth doctor in timelord robes
The master in timelord robes
Davros in timelord robes
Cyberman in timelord robes
Mel in timelord robes
K9 in timelord robes

The last two were definitely in the of version, I remember someone saying the idea of Mel in timelord robes made them sick

But yeah that's a real set, coming soon