Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

skifflebits

Re: Start a Blatantly False Toy Rumor

Post by skifflebits »

Kenner is starting a 3.75" Doctor Who "retro" line using all the original Dapol molds.

ToyBoxOfRassilon

Post by ToyBoxOfRassilon »

hmmm I sense a copy of my evil april fools prank of CO doing retro style figures hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Uncle_Abe

Post by Uncle_Abe »

Al Dewar has been fired from Character Options after being caught talking about Tardis designs on "the internet".

The Company's new Creative Director, Michael Grade, said (using smoke signals) "Doctor Who is rubbish and Character Options will only be making sensible grown-up products in the future, probably novelty kitchenware."

For Luck's Sake

Post by For Luck's Sake »

Christopher Eccleston has withdrawn his likeness from all future CO products after finding B&M figure three-packs plastic cartons and 'figure ties' all over Heaton Park.

In an expletive'-filled tirade video posted to his Instagram account this morning, Mr. Eccleston waved around a UNIT three-pack box, saying "this s*** is everywhere," and added, "Al Dewar, I hope nature takes its revenge on you."

This afternoon, Character Options announced its second-ever online exclusive: "Keith Boak and flaming sofa 2-pack"

omega1963

Post by omega1963 »

In an attempt to boost sales, CO are giving away a screen used dalek prop with every order of £750,000 or above on online exclusives, starting with the next online exclusive “everyone is the master 3 pack from The End of Time”.

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

CO are to release figures of all Doctor Who characters that have appeared in Blakes 7. They will all have pop-off heads. In parallel they intend to release a set of generic figures with pop-off heads in random outfits such as black studded leather, white flowing robes.The two releases are in no way connected.

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Taking it further.....

The 2021 announcement delay is due to Al having stumbled upon a genie, who has offered him a choice:

1. Release the 2021 line to guaranteed record breaking sales, opening up a new "Golden Age" for Who figures and playsets for Character...

Or....

2. Instead produce the Blake's 7 line he always dreamed of, with a full Liberator playset, also to guaranteed record breaking sales for Character.

Currently Al is looking at both potential realities, mumbling "Do I have the right...?" ;)

Bundesrat

Post by Bundesrat »

TV Tie-Ins have signed a deal with the BBC to create 5” figures from shows such as The Army Game, Robin Hood, The Navy Lark, Z Cars, All Creatures Great and Small, The Brothers and Eureka. Under the deal TV Tie-Ins have exclusive rights to the character likeness, so all other deals involving actors from these shows will become null and void.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

next character options online exclusive figure will be announced very soon. Three words:

Naked

Captain

Jack

you know, from bad wolf? comes with compact laser deluxe pistol accessory, which is very concerning...

Spannerintheworks

Post by Spannerintheworks »

Deborah J wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:03 pm
you know, from bad wolf? comes with compact laser deluxe pistol accessory, which is very concerning...
(Packaging blurb) "Battle Action! Squeeze to reveal his Compact pistol!"

;)