Newly Acquired Figures.

JoelShelfy

Re: Newly Acquired Figures.

Post by JoelShelfy »

Got a few CO figures recently.

1st Doctor - In cloak, with cane and skull.
10th Doctor - Blue suit, glasses, spiky hair.
10th Doctor - Red Pentallion Space Suit (rare later release reverted to standard paint aps on face).
11th Doctor - Standard tweed, with raggedy 11th.
11th Doctor - Blue shirt and bowtie from TRU exclusive set.
11th Doctor - Jacketless from SDCC set.
11th Doctor - With beard and in straight jacket.
Peri Brown - From Vengeance on Varos set.
Last edited by JoelShelfy on Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

I didn't even know that tennant combo existed. I managed to get the blue TRU s5 11 figure last year, really nice figure, somehow I find I vastly prefer him to the red one, even though I think I liked the red outfit better onscreen.

JoelShelfy

Post by JoelShelfy »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:18 pm
I didn't even know that tennant combo existed. I managed to get the blue TRU s5 11 figure last year, really nice figure, somehow I find I vastly prefer him to the red one, even though I think I liked the red outfit better onscreen.
I naturally quite like the look as blue is my favourite colour lol.
I will say though, I paid an offensive amount for the jacketless 11………..I’m never speaking of the price.
I would have to kill you afterwards.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Oh wow, yeah, jacketless 11 is a rare boi. And cloaky hartnell, that can't have been a small purchase either. THey're both figures I've had to kind of accept I'm not going to get, barring a rerelease, I can't justify spending much more than £30 on any one figure, my pockets aren't deep enough for that

JoelShelfy

Post by JoelShelfy »

Deborah J wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:03 pm
Oh wow, yeah, jacketless 11 is a rare boi. And cloaky hartnell, that can't have been a small purchase either. THey're both figures I've had to kind of accept I'm not going to get, barring a rerelease, I can't justify spending much more than £30 on any one figure, my pockets aren't deep enough for that
Actually, the 1st Doctor was relatively cheap. Only $55AUD. Two sold on eBay for like $100AUD.
The 11th Doctor figure isn’t actually that rare, there’s more of those on eBay than there are of the cloaked 1st Doctor…
Though, I canceled getting it from the person I was originally getting it from as I found it somewhere else cheaper.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Deborah J wrote:
Jacketless 11 is cheap as chips! It’s literally not remotely rare in the slightest.

JoelShelfy

Post by JoelShelfy »

Kaldor wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:05 am
Deborah J wrote:
Jacketless 11 is cheap as chips! It’s literally not remotely rare in the slightest.
Technically it’s “rare”. It was only released once, and as a SDCC exclusive.
Though there are still quite a few of them around, they’re not going too cheap unfortunately….
The mark-ups now just come out of nowhere, I don’t know where people get their prices from. A lot being outrageous.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

I think a common problem nowadays that I see discussed often is that people perceive prices to be higher than they are. Couple that with people who are just out to make a quick buck so stick thr prices higher…
Also, if there’s three on the market, $50+ postage, $52 all in, and $12… the 12 sells. Leaving the next person to see and think “oh… okay, so this is worth about $50. Well, I’ve kept mine in really good condition and it looks better than the state of that $52, so I’ll stick it up for $55. And then all of a sudden, the prices are up.

Deborah J

Post by Deborah J »

Never seen one for less than high £20s, I guess Kaldor eats more expensive chips than I do.

Kaldor

Post by Kaldor »

Deborah J wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:42 pm
Never seen one for less than high £20s, I guess Kaldor eats more expensive chips than I do.
Sounds like you need to hop to specsavers debs, or change where your figure dealer :lol: